Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire
Quote | Reply
Quick question, what is the rule in a transition area. Do you put your shoes, hat etc to the right or left of the tire?

What is the rule with USAT?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no set rule. Just try to be respectful of those around you. Personally, I tend to put my bike stuff to one side and run stuff to the other so that the overall space I'm taking is smaller (i.e. overlaps with the width of my handlebars); but how others have set up on the rack sometimes dictates the space you have.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious how this shrinks your foot-print vs all of your stuff on one side? Seems like it takes up twice the rack space when compared to putting put bike stuff in the front and run stuff in the back.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gear is sitting mostly in the "shadow" of the handlebars (which extends about a foot to each side of the tire). If all the gear is on one side then one half of the "shadow" isn't used.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No preference... whichever side works the best. If I get there first I'll set up at the end of rack closest to the aisle if it isn't assigned where to rack. Otherwise I'll set up so as to not impact others if they're already there.
Quote Reply
Re: Transition Setup - Right or Left Side of Tire [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I set up run gears left side of my front tire. Helmet is on the handle bar, so that saves a ton of space already. I stack up my run gears so I don't need a lot of space. From bottom up, bib, shoes, socks, hat & sunglasses. On the right side of the front tire, I put a small towel, so I can wipe of my feet after the swim and bike.
Quote Reply