Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone know anything about the technogym skillbike?
Quote | Reply
https://www.technogym.com/us/skillbike.html

i have a tacx bike smart prepurchased through clever training for my work location's gym. the bikesmart is turning into vaporware it looks like.

does anyone know anything outside the marketing material on technogyms website about the skillbike? im guessing this is a pretty new unit as i havnt heard ANYTHING about it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know anything about the technogym skillbike? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know anything about the technogym skillbike? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never heard of it, but why not just use a real bike on a smart trainer? At that price you can even through in a Climb and Rocker plate.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have these at wattworks where I regularly train (https://wattworks.nl/). I have no experience with other stationary bikes, but I do like the realistic feel of pedalling and how resistance is delivered. We had a software upgrade a while ago which made it worse but this was solved soon thereafter. This Saturday we had a 'Tourmalet challenge' where you had to shift yourself, but usually we simply have to reach a wattage and rpm. I can't really mimic my time trial bike position but for an hour training it's fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was released last year and not much information or reviews on it. I did reach out to them with some questions at the time but didn't hear back. I did look for them in some of the conventions I've been to but didn't cross paths. However, I do have their TechnoGym MyCycling direct drive trainer which they sent me for a review. It's a good trainer and designed very well which I find the case with most of their products. One thing to note about their bike and MyCycling trainer is they both support Zwift using Bluetooth only. ANT+ FEC support has been an issue with Zwift and everything else. So you can't pair it with any other app like TrainerRoad for example. It only works with Zwift and MyCycling app in Bluetooth.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw it pop up on my FB today.
At £4200 I assume it must be aimed at the gyms not for personal use.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know anything about the technogym skillbike? [Tariq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tariq wrote:
It was released last year and not much information or reviews on it. I did reach out to them with some questions at the time but didn't hear back. I did look for them in some of the conventions I've been to but didn't cross paths. However, I do have their TechnoGym MyCycling direct drive trainer which they sent me for a review. It's a good trainer and designed very well which I find the case with most of their products. One thing to note about their bike and MyCycling trainer is they both support Zwift using Bluetooth only. ANT+ FEC support has been an issue with Zwift and everything else. So you can't pair it with any other app like TrainerRoad for example. It only works with Zwift and MyCycling app in Bluetooth.

thanks for the feedback and thanks for your youtube vids... your content is right up there with the llama and rainmakers!

Quote Reply
Re: anyone know anything about the technogym skillbike? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Never heard of it, but why not just use a real bike on a smart trainer? At that price you can even through in a Climb and Rocker plate.

the purchase is for my work locations gym. if i could have it my way id buy a tri bike frame, make it a fixie and get a trainer and rocker plate and be done, but the purchase has to be something EVERYONE can use, even though ill be the only one using it im sure.

i think im going to go ahead and see if we can purchase a couple of the stages "spin" bikes. it will be good enough for now, replace two crappy broken spin bikes we have and i can keep "my" bikesmart order open until whenever tacx decides to make them.

Quote Reply