Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: England, I feel for you.. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about poor Shetland. Half of Shetlander's think they should still belong to Norway, never mind Scotland, England or the UK and yet we have this idiot as PM.

We're doomed...
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Double taxation is absurd. It is pretty fucking ridiculous that any country taxes foreign earned income when the individual is resident and pays tax where they earned it. I would give it back as well.

More importantly, given he has acknowledged doing coke will he be allowed in to the US?

It is not double taxation. You are given a 'foreign tax credit' for the tax paid to other countries.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So he'd pay more in the US than the UK because it could only be in addition to what he'd already paid in the UK correct?
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
We have a racist, misogynist, well educated buffoon.......

The next G7 summit will be interesting.

They'll have the coke, they'll have the strippers, what's left to bring?

Abe can bring the Sake.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
jmh wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Abe can bring the Sake.

Especially since the G7 may be at a trump resort, because corruption is just fine when it is trump.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
jmh wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Abe can bring the Sake.

Especially since the G7 may be at a trump resort, because corruption is just fine when it is trump.

Maybe in 2020. 2019 is in France in about a month.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
Double taxation is absurd. It is pretty fucking ridiculous that any country taxes foreign earned income when the individual is resident and pays tax where they earned it. I would give it back as well.

More importantly, given he has acknowledged doing coke will he be allowed in to the US?

It is not double taxation. You are given a 'foreign tax credit' for the tax paid to other countries.
I think for foreign income, rather than foreign taxes, it would be the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion which is a royal PITA. It is a major reason for expats giving up US citizenship.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That being the case. He banks between 1. 2 and 1.5m per annum in sterling.

That's why then
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Longdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longdog wrote:
What about poor Shetland. Half of Shetlander's think they should still belong to Norway, never mind Scotland, England or the UK and yet we have this idiot as PM.

We're doomed...

To be fair I'm a Londoner and I'd quite like to belong to Norway as well...
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think London should do a catalunya.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

But they elected him mayor so need to take some responsibility in catapulting his career.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Longdog wrote:

We're doomed...

Because the women have better teeth?
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Longdog wrote:

We're doomed...

Because the women have better teeth?

No, because they're better cooks. Just think of all that lutefisk!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Sounds like Trump except for the well educated part.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, there is more in common than even I thought. Being a creepy old man is much more accepted than I realized.

https://nypost.com/...iend-carrie-symonds/
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Have fun with your Johnson.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. Especially The Guardian!

Andrewmc wrote:

Yes, the born in USA, educated in Brussels. Fluent in French. Married, (but separating) to and has children with an lady of Indian descent, who makes a lot of his Turkish heritage is DEFINETLY a racist! I

Misogynist? Care to provide proof for that?

(I know you didn't say it but people have said he's homophobic too! Despite voting for gay marriage rights. LONG before it became fashionable)

Buffoon? Hardly. Great Supine Protoplasmic Invertebrate Jellies

gofigure wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
0.14% of the population did

Someone described Johnson as trump if he'd been sent to eton

Parliamentary democracy at it's finest. Eton v Wharton. And the losers are?

It isn't parliamentary anything.

The leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party is whittled down from a number of candidates to 2 by Conservative MPs. The final 2 go on a series of hustings (events at which the Conservative party members can see them interviewed) The members (not MPs) then postal vote for one of the 2.

It's no different to how Momentum installed Corbyn. AFAIK it no different to how the UnLib UnDems recently installed Swinson.

But seemingly because May stepped down as PM, much like Thatcher or Blair did before. People are losing their shit and claiming it's terrible. Remember that, unlike say the USA we don't CHOOSE the PM. We choose the party.

windywave wrote:

So do Guernsey, Isle of Man, and Jersey and Gibraltar. Discuss

Who is the PM of the Isle of Man?
Who is the head of state?

;)

Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

But they elected him mayor so need to take some responsibility in catapulting his career.

I voted him twice to be our Mayor. I didn't vote for the incompetent Khan. Mainly because I don't like who he shared platforms with in his former career.

London, one of the most progressive, liberal, multicultural, diverse cities on the planet. Voted apparently for a Racist? Twice? A man who was in charge during the wonderful London 2012 events.

FishyJoe wrote:
Well, there is more in common than even I thought. Being a creepy old man is much more accepted than I realized.

https://nypost.com/...iend-carrie-symonds/ [/quote]

I didn't realise there were rules as to who one should fall for? Have you heard of the old rule, half your age + 7 :D
Last I heard 31 was old enough to consent as to who she has smashing her back doors in.

I guess some people are more judgmental than me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Except that rarely happens because of tax treaties.
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:

windywave wrote:

So do Guernsey, Isle of Man, and Jersey and Gibraltar. Discuss

Who is the PM of the Isle of Man?
Who is the head of state?

;)

If I am interpreting your post correctly the abovementioned are on par with Canada
Quote Reply
Re: England, I feel for you.. [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being a buffoon and intelligent are not mutually exclusive

As for being s misogynist; how many of his partners has ever shown any respect for?

As for being racist; maybe referencing an entire group as letterboxes was just a joke

The boris of today is not, in any way shape or form the boris that was mayor of london

You may not have voted for Khan, but if boris ran today he'd be annihilated in London.

If seen boris numerous times at public and private events, in the UK and overseas, and uniformly he has behaved like an absolute twat, from a grossly offensive after dinner speech in the middle east to an event we Brought 3 dozen health ministers to in London for the opening ceremony of the 2012 games.

I suspect max Hastings is correct in that the only people that like him are those that don't know him.

As a natural Conservative there are zero, none, nada circumstances under which I could vote for a party that contains the sort of clowns as the current cabinet.

Boris as mayor of London was a non entity, politically neutral, good for publicity but in terms of policy he was neither here nor there.

He's not the biggest cunt I've had the displeasure of meeting but he's right up there. It's fine if you want a clown as PM, but if you're hoping for a little more than that I suspect you might be disappointed.

The real question is whether cummings is running the civil service or Mark sedwill is. That will determine the next 3 months
Quote Reply

Prev Next