Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NB Beacon's V2 - Anyone else try?
Quote | Reply
I love NB Beacons, and was looking forward to seeing how the V2's were. Just got my pair today, can't say I'm impressed.
Still soft feeling, but the upper now feels like cheap thin flimsy material that creases when you step. And the heel feels looser, and that flared top part of the heel.....guess that is there for looks? Doesn't seem to help with anything.
I'm returning mine and start hunting down deals on the first Beacons to stock up on... :(
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jul 22, 19 11:07
Quote Reply
Re: NB Beacon's V2 - Anyone else try? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried them yet. I took one look at them on the NB website and decided they looked awful. I've been thinking about trying out Nike for a while now so when my Beacons are retired I might make the switch.
Quote Reply
Re: NB Beacon's V2 - Anyone else try? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a pair of the pegasus turbos over the winter and thought they were -really- nice, just a touch on the narrow side for me, I use 2E in New Balance. Plus pretty expensive for the Nikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, in the EU some colours were sold at 50% discount on the NB website. Stock piled them and hope the V3 goes back to the normal heel.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to go stock up on the V1s and figures my size is out on Running Warehouse. Damn. Really liked the V1. Have heard good things about the V2, but apparently you have different experiences with them.
Quote Reply
Re: NB Beacon's V2 - Anyone else try? [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Went to go stock up on the V1s and figures my size is out on Running Warehouse. Damn. Really liked the V1. Have heard good things about the V2, but apparently you have different experiences with them.

Looks like they have lots of sizes available on the NB website, only in grey though. On sale for $89.99.
Quote Reply
Re: NB Beacon's V2 - Anyone else try? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
Culley22 wrote:

Looks like they have lots of sizes available on the NB website, only in grey though. On sale for $89.99.
Boom, thanks. 3 more pairs added.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to fleet feet today for a new pair of shoes. Tried the Rincon, Kinvara 10’s, the NB 890 and the Beacons on the treadmill.

Left with the beacons as they felt like nothing was on my feet. The uppers definitely felt thin but I barely tie my laces so that might have something to do with it.

I loved the 890’s too, but wanted something with some more cushion

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply