Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sarah True article [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And to that I say, cool. You're not seeing the the argument so we'll stop the continuous circle.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bro you got schooled in this one. Take the L and move on.

TheStroBro wrote:
And to that I say, cool. You're not seeing the the argument so we'll stop the continuous circle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
trail wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
I think that Pros probably would not want age groupers grabbing them

I get the sense you don't really want to consider any alternative than what you've already decided. Your choice of the word "grabbing" indicates your clear pejorative intent. As I and others have tried to convey, "Pro" has nothing to do with it. If a human appears on the verge of complete physical collapse, I'm gonna assist that person. Or "grab at them" if you're the one describing it.

Male, female, pro, first-timer, 500m from the finish, 20 miles from the finish....

That's cool. That's why she stated that she knew he was well meaning. We all know he was well meaning. Not the point. The point is that race, not finishing cost her a lot of money. That it's likely she would have made it in time to achieve a slot for Kona. You're conflating my sentence as an insult, which is fine. You can do that. But you're not even seeing the point. Athlete Welfare in general should go through an action cycle via medical staff, she had a camera on her the enter way as the female pro leader. If there aren't race doctors watching feeds with the authority to pull an athlete, then there should be.

My position would be completely different if the race doctor was the person who made the call to end her race.

But SHE ended her race when SHE went down, if she was ok to finish she would have brushed him off with an "I'm ok, nearly there", and kept going, she didn't because she couldn't" end of story really.
Contact Tommy Zaferes and ask him about his episode with heat exhaustion, once he came out of his coma he found out he isn't allowed to race in heat ever again, too dangerous to get his core temp too high. Once you part cooked your brain and organs there is no second chance. If she had managed to continue her situation would have no doubt been worse and she may have then had a "you can never again race in heat" prognosis from docs too. No Kona for her ever then.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact Tommy Zaferes and ask him about his episode with heat exhaustion, once he came out of his coma

------

One of the more scarier racing moments I think I've seen in a long long time.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never saw it but read something recently where he talked about it.
Unfortunately I have seen a number of athletes collapse in heat over the years in different sports, some great up and comers who never got the chance to reach their potential as could never perform again. The guy may have saved her career in my opinion, either that or she has done damage in the past and her body now protects her from more by shutting her down early. The human body is an amazing thing and it really doesn't want to die.
Last edited by: chrisb12: Jul 21, 19 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
trail wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
I think that Pros probably would not want age groupers grabbing them

I get the sense you don't really want to consider any alternative than what you've already decided. Your choice of the word "grabbing" indicates your clear pejorative intent. As I and others have tried to convey, "Pro" has nothing to do with it. If a human appears on the verge of complete physical collapse, I'm gonna assist that person. Or "grab at them" if you're the one describing it.

Male, female, pro, first-timer, 500m from the finish, 20 miles from the finish....

That's cool. That's why she stated that she knew he was well meaning. We all know he was well meaning. Not the point. The point is that race, not finishing cost her a lot of money. That it's likely she would have made it in time to achieve a slot for Kona. You're conflating my sentence as an insult, which is fine. You can do that. But you're not even seeing the point. Athlete Welfare in general should go through an action cycle via medical staff, she had a camera on her the enter way as the female pro leader. If there aren't race doctors watching feeds with the authority to pull an athlete, then there should be.

My position would be completely different if the race doctor was the person who made the call to end her race.

I can't believe this argument is still going on? Watch the footage. A dude stopped getting a drink at the aid station looks out and sees a woman come past clearly in distress, staggering with arms flailing about and REACTS. I have no doubt if you watch closely he had no idea she was a pro and did what you would expect any DESCENT HUMAN BEING to do. There are not that many doctors or medical people on course and a lot of ground to cover over a run course. When she collapses first aiders do the right thing and try and get her off course into the shade. Her race ended when she buckled and hit the ground clearly not fit to continue. No one ended her race and your argument 'the point is that race, not finishing cost her a lot of money' is BS some guy potentially saved her from a lot of harm. Sarah quotes she thinks she may have caused brain damage in Kona with no one stepping in and she didn't look this bad...

And... I'm not sure she's actually watched the video of it yet as she's said she would not in her post race videos I've seen... how does she even know what happened @ Frankfurt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your arguments in this thread and Sarah True at the end of an Ironman have a lot in common..... delirious and unable to finish and easily redirected by the lightest brush on the arm.

TheStroBro wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a phone interview. All in one go. No follow-up questions.

B_Doughtie wrote:
I'm 100% confident it was an text/email exchange.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, well I stand corrected.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigirl357 wrote:
Well instead of reading, you can watch here where she blames the other athlete for restraining her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1YUTpeYGM

First time seeing the video and it looks like he pulled her arm back.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it looks like Sarah is going to give it another go and try to KQ at Tremblant.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
So it looks like Sarah is going to give it another go and try to KQ at Tremblant.
Reminds me of a couple of years ago when Rachel Joyce raced 3 IMs in about 4 months to KQ (in the old KPR system). She had nothing left for Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
stevej wrote:

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when Rachel Joyce raced 3 IMs in about 4 months to KQ (in the old KPR system). She had nothing left for Kona.

Matt Russell has a Kona slot & just did 3 IMs in 5 weeks.......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

What's your source? I see that she teased something yesterday on Instagram but didn't provide any details. No pro list for the race posted yet on ironman.com that I could find.

I hope it's true and that she can qualify. I would think her sponsors would want her in Kona (and help her with the travel costs) even if she's not in peak form.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jul 31, 19 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if Brent M is gonna give it a go at IMMT??
Gonna be some good pro racing going on that weekend!!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True article [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the new Zwift video she mentions her plan to race MT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4zBg8QOsE
Last edited by: aftermath312: Jul 31, 19 7:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next