Prev Next
Re: Chez Windy Part Deux [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
windywave wrote:
I Am a crack head?

Fixed it for you...

Yeah send 8 HS guys to Florida by themselves for a week in there own condo.. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG..

Your blatant sexism is appalling. What if I have girls?

As a father of 3 daughters, I already know this conversation doesn't even happen if you have daughters.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
So the boss and I hate winter here and are thinking of getting a place in FL to pop down to for long weekends or a week or month or some indeterminate amount of time.

I'd like to get a condo in a resort area. Figure we can rent it some depreciate it etc etc. Just in the germination stage.

Anywho I want to get a three bedroom because I want two little breezes. I figure once the breezes are in HS or college they could pop down with some friends and have nice kids weekends with 6 or 8 people (6 in beds two on a sleeper couch).

The boss thinks I'm a crack head for even contemplating letting HS or college kids go alone (HS I can see so I offered we could go but then need a third room for the friends obviously but college I think would be fine). I'm also assuming the breezes will be of moderate intelligence and responsibility.

Anyone have a vacation place they let their kids go to with friends unsupervised? Good or bad outcomes? Am I a crack head?

My friends and I were using our parent’s lake houses and boats unsupervised starting about junior year HS. Of course, this was a long time ago and a lot of things have changed, but for what I can see there are still plenty of at least college age kids running around in their parent’s boats and presumably using their houses.

My kid turns 11 next week, but he already really knows his way around a boat and a dock and if he continues to improve his skills and demonstrates some responsibility I’ll probably let him use the place when he’s old enough.

The good boat will probably be off limits without my supervision but he can run his friends around the other ones.
Last edited by: chriskal: Jul 20, 19 21:24
Quote Reply
Re: Chez Windy Part Deux [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:
Your wife has better judgment than you. You should give up all decision making to her

Ya think?!?!?!?!?! Holy fucking shit. Windy has consumed WAY too much of my poo water. He's now even dumber than your average FIB ...

Says the guy who sold out the Cubs for the Brewers.... eyeroll emoji

I had Mexican all week. Enjoy what I have been sending your way via the throne ...

Don't bring you and your wife's sex life into this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HS? absolutely not. College? Depends on how the kids turn out

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next