Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interestingly Ullrich always seemed to speak fondly
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
There could be like a special category for "crowd favorite entertainer"

You get points from a judging panel based on showboating...the leaders jersey has vertical red snd white stripes like a big top tent

People could come up with lots of crowd pleasing stunts to fain the jurys favor
- drift skids down descents
- literally juggling drink bottles while closing the gap from team car to pack
- biking alp de huez with only one foot clipped in while doing the peace sign to fans
-calling girlfriend on cellphone 5km out to announce you are about to win the sprint
-slamming the brake to lift the back wheel as you cross over a roundabout doing a reverse wheelie
... Anything that excites the crowd but doesnt really have anything to do with actual bike racing

Bonus points for off course attention grabbers... podium shanagins, interview quotes, whacky hairstyles,

Well, Sagan would win this jersey jersey (which would kind of follow the same judging regime as the most combative).
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jens and Cippolini would unretire!

Plus it would provide a spotlight to showcase any more reserved but shy entertainer types in the pack... Cavendish would have potential
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Jul 26, 19 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Jens and Cippolini would unretire!

I think Hinault would be the first to unretire,

Lemond, "Hey Bernard, they introduced another jersey that you never won"
Hinault, "What new Jersery is this?"
Lemond, "It's not one that I have a chance to win, I am too boring"
Hinault, "Tell me more, would Eddy have won it?"
Lemond, "They may just name it the Eddy Merckx Jersey because Eddy would have won anything they put out there....the peloton is calling it the Sagan jersey"
Hinault, "I have to get my pro card and win this otherwise my career is incomplete. I can beat Eddy at that. I punch people during podium presentations even now....oh wait, I have to unretire from being a Tour podium presentation hanger on first"
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Justicebeaver wrote:
I care. I don't see many other pro riders popping a wheelie. Makes me think that most of them can't do it.

Riiiiiiiight. Cause popping wheelies is very important in cycling so we should see them all the time.

Most anyone who had a bike in elementary or middle school could pop a wheelie and ride it for a little while. But pros who are on their bikes 5-8 hours a day can’t, that makes a lot of sense.

Sagan is an entertainer, he’s having fun. He can do this because he’s so damn good at sprinting, so the team gives him more leeway. If he wasn’t that good, the team would tell him to stop fing around. You earn your ability to do this stuff.

Look at any sport, you’ll rarely see the people who barely are on the team jacking around during events, they don’t want to give the team a reason to not play them. But the allstars do it all the time.
Or the 3 consecutive world titles
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they’ve discussed many times that everyone loved George and Lance was respected and had people he liked and didn’t like.
Quote Reply

Prev Next