Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for True Wireless earphones that don't cause overpowering occlusion effect? I have a pair of Soundpeats, but they are worthless for running because of the overpowering thump, thump, thump with every step.

The Airpods shouldn't have it, but I have concerns them falling out of my ears. The new Airpod Pros claim to prevent the occlusion effect, but I've read conflicting reports on their success. I'd rather not lay down $150-250 without knowing for sure that they would work.

I would definitely recommend the Airpods. I don't have the airpod pros, but I'm sure those will be fantastic too (you can turn off the noise canceling feature in them.)

My initial fear with the Airpods was that they would fall out - I've tried over a dozen earbuds and earphones in the past, and falling out was often an issue with some of them. I have never had an issue with an Airpod falling out. I know YMMV with ear shape, but in my opinion, the design with the downhanging stalk really helps with stability compared to others.

The only problem I have with the Airpods (and I would definitely have with the airpods pro!) is that they are TOO good! They are so good that if you ever try and downgrade to a cheaper pair of earbuds, you will definitely notice! I am definitely not an audiophile, but when I lost my Airpods for 3 weeks (fell in the couch doh, found them later) I tried 3 separate pairs of cheaper ones from $40-$100, and all of them were deficient compared to Airpods. The Airpods even have a better sound stage (but less bass) than the well-reviewed Taotronics large over-ear headphones, which is remarkable.

I'm def not an Apple fanboy (I have avoided most Apple products up to now), but the Airpods can't be beat.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Jabra Elite 65t. I've had them over a year and no problems running with sweat and rain. They've come out with a sport version Elite Active 65t that is supposed to be sweat & dust protected.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [randyp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randyp wrote:
I love my Jabra Elite 65t. I've had them over a year and no problems running with sweat and rain. They've come out with a sport version Elite Active 65t that is supposed to be sweat & dust protected.

I picked up a pair of Elite Active 65t for the last 4 months of IM training, including long sweaty hours on the trainer. They have held up exceptionally well and unaffected by getting wet. Highly recommended.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for True Wireless earphones that don't cause overpowering occlusion effect? I have a pair of Soundpeats, but they are worthless for running because of the overpowering thump, thump, thump with every step.

The Airpods shouldn't have it, but I have concerns them falling out of my ears. The new Airpod Pros claim to prevent the occlusion effect, but I've read conflicting reports on their success. I'd rather not lay down $150-250 without knowing for sure that they would work.

I like the Plantronics Backbeat 3100s. Bought them online at Costco for $69. Have been wearing them for a year with no issues. I wear the Plantronics Backbeat 2100s when riding the trainer. $29 at Amazon about a year ago.

I tried the Echo Buds and hated them. I couldn't use them with my Apple Watch when running and when I tried to run with them on the TM all I heard was the sound of me running, not music.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [SSMinnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ 1 for Plantronics - I have gotten thousands of uses out of the Backbeat Fit

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the first generation airpods and they work great with EarBuddyz 2.0 Ear Hooks which keep them in my sweaty ears.
The EarBuddyz 2.0 are on amazon for about $11 for a pack of 3 pairs.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [randyp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randyp wrote:

+1. work great for me. use them in all training sessions and commute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try these:https://www.jabra.com/...bra-elite-active-65t

I have been using them for 5 months now and they don't make any noise while running or biking. Completely soundproof with the option to hear outside noise if you want. They are actually comfy too unlike many other headphones I've tried in the past

Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Powerbeats Pro are working out well. The original Powerbeats with cord between earphones would be a sweat conduit and I found the microphone/volume unit would become corroded. The Powerbeats Pro stay quite dry even during treadmill running/turbotrainer work.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [theendurancelab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would recommend the Jaybird Run XT if your looking for true wireless earbuds and the new adidas FWD-01 earbuds otherwise. Both are designed specifically for running. Personally I've been enjoying the adidas ones lately.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [SDBEL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates to this thread / new suggestions? My jabra elite active 65t have finally died after a few good years and I need a new pair. I tried the jabra elite 85t but the wind noise was completely horrendous. Anything else worth a look in ?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [oddbudman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oddbudman wrote:
Any updates to this thread / new suggestions? My jabra elite active 65t have finally died after a few good years and I need a new pair. I tried the jabra elite 85t but the wind noise was completely horrendous. Anything else worth a look in ?

I have two sets. One I would not recommend for working out. The Airpod Pro 2’s sound even better to these ears than my Sony XH-1000XM4’s and for casual listen when I’m not moving around much these are my go to earbuds. For on the go I use the Beats Fit Pro’s. The noise cancelling and sound stage is not as good as the Airpod Pro’s but sound good enough especially on the go.The Beats can be bought as refurbs from Bestbuy pretty cheaply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oddbudman wrote:

If you're interested in the bone conduction option, I found this Chinese knockoff of Aftershokz on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0963QSX1Q

16GB of disk space, water proof, the sound is pretty good, battery life is 12 hours plus. You can swim with it too. Doesn't have a shuffle function, other than that I like it a lot.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: May 14, 23 6:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Jabra Elite Active 65t are still going strong, fortunately, but I'm watching here. I have a pair of EarFun Free 2S that I've been wearing on the bike indoors and treadmill. The fit is not as good as the 65t, but still pretty stable. The sound, if anything, is better than the 65t (for me). It's rated IPX7 and has some magic 'sweatshield'. I don't know about all of that, but I've been using them for about 4 months and I'm happy. Battery life per charge seems about the same as the 65t. If you catch them on sale, not expensive - certainly less expensive than the 65t, so maybe worth a shot. But, to be clear, nothing IME fits as well as the 65t for running, including the Free 2S. So maybe eBay for a replacement pair of 65t?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using Jaybird Vista 2. Best wireless buds I've had. Music from phone or Garmin 745.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [hhtdp0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought jabra elite 3 few month ago, and completely satisfied with them. Run a lot of 20 km workouts without even touch them. Really amazed
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sony WF-SP800N are bulletproof & last forever. The call quality while driving in a car are quite horrible however..
Quote Reply

Prev Next