Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Value Disc? [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Selcof disc from Planet X. They do other wheels as well, try spoke included. It's worked well, although I wouldn't ride it if I was over 180lbs as it's just an outer carbon skin, no spokes, no foam core. You can get a few different wheels and they all match, all well priced.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [evertlamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
evertlamb wrote:
I got the Selcof disc from Planet X. They do other wheels as well, try spoke included. It's worked well, although I wouldn't ride it if I was over 180lbs as it's just an outer carbon skin, no spokes, no foam core. You can get a few different wheels and they all match, all well priced.

I haven't seen the PlanetX trispoke or their TT frameset on their website for a year now.

PDQ cycling has their "open mold" trispoke still.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a used disc wheel makes the most sense.

I'm getting ready to clean out my race gear since I bought a P3x. will have a powertap hed disc wheel for sale soon. (and a hed jet powertap & 2 PT training wheels). If you shoot me a PM I'll let you know right before I put it up FS

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
What disc on the market has the best bang for your buck value? Currently I'm riding a 2015 P2 that I've upgraded with a used Di2 system and Giant STS 65mm carbon wheels. Eventually (many years down the road) I want to upgrade to a P3X/P5X, so I wanted to get an upgrade that I would be able to use for a long time as opposed to new handlebars (still running stock profile design).

Thank you!

New:
Aerocoach
Ron Wheels (Disc)
Disc cover...they don't fit all bikes

Used:
The Pros Closet. They have a ton of good used wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
a used disc wheel makes the most sense.

I'm getting ready to clean out my race gear since I bought a P3x. will have a powertap hed disc wheel for sale soon. (and a hed jet powertap & 2 PT training wheels). If you shoot me a PM I'll let you know right before I put it up FS

Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [evertlamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
evertlamb wrote:

I was recently searching for a Track Tubular Selcof disc. I was thinking it was an open mold and was hoping I could find it on Aliexpress but have not been successful.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
How about the Premier Tactical Disc? $742

This. I think it's the cheapest full carbon disc you can buy new. I'm not going to train on carbon wheels and then go through swapping brake pads for an aluminum wheel with a disc cover...

I have the Premier Bike Disc and I couldn't be happier. Plus, customer service is second to none.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Jan 21, 21 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used discs are great values since they are race-only wheels, so typically have really low miles.

As mentioned, performance differences between discs are small; basically a disc is a disc.

One of the advantages of a dedicated disc is having a dedicated race tire/tube on it (ex. I run a Conti Supersonic on my disc....would never train on that tire).

One really good low cost option is to take the stock training wheel that came with a bike and "permanently" tape a wheelbuilder cover on it for $100.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the Premier Tactical Disc? $742
---

Even cheaper if you plan your needs/ wants accordingly and get it on the Black Friday sale that Dan Kennison offers every November. Seriously people, look at your shopping plans a season ahead and buy things when they're cheap, not when you're thinking about them in the moment.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
What?! Who’s making boost road bikes?

I don’t know who they are, but I hate them already.

Boost on a road or tri bike ?
They need a proper good shoeing for that.
They did it as it's better ??? More likely they did it to build obsolescence into all your other bike wheels. Twats.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What width tire can you run on the Renn? And do you get the sound effects with a Renn?
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jan 22, 21 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Best Value Disc? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
What width tire can you run on the Renn? And do you get the sound effects with a Renn?

I have 700 x 23c on mine. It doesn't make as much difference as it does on the front. And it makes the ''womp, womp, womp'' sound big time.

Last year was going to be my last year for triathlon and I got a 60/90 Flow combo to ride full time. I never felt as fast as I did with my H3/Renn combo. But it's fun to ride the Flow's all the time.

I could sell you the disc. It's in perfect condition. It's been converted from 10 to 11 speed and switches over from training wheel to disc with no adjustments. It will include an 11 speed cassette, tire and latex tube.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next