Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dropping the F-Bomb Increases Pain Tolerance
Quote | Reply
Fuck yeah! I knew there was a reason I dropped the f-bomb so often!

LONDON — Can’t help but shout an expletive every time you stub your toe? Don’t feel too bad, you may actually be doing yourself a favor. A new study finds that swearing when injured has a measurable effect on pain tolerance. In fact, dropping the F-bomb specifically when in pain increases tolerance by up to 33%.
The study, led by a group of language and psychology experts in the United Kingdom, explored how effective established, new, and invented swear words can be in increasing pain tolerance and pain threshold.
https://www.studyfinds.org/...ases-pain-tolerance/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Dropping the F-Bomb Increases Pain Tolerance [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my own n=1 study a long time ago when I fractured my patellas while doing a back flip on concrete.
It wasn't just the f-bomb. Pretty much all screamed profanity worked better than following other two methods that were tried in quick succession:

1.) kung fu like concentration
2.) crying
Quote Reply
Re: Dropping the F-Bomb Increases Pain Tolerance [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's true, the woman down the hall from me when I was giving birth shouldn't have needed any drug intervention at all....
Quote Reply