Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NC rally: send her back! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Only a pussy like John McCain would do that. I haven't seen any video, but I'm betting he stood there with that fucking smirk on his face with his hands out and nodding his head.

Your sarcasm threw me off for a moment there. Sorry.

I had forgotten all about the McCain video of him taking the microphone back from a questioner who wanted him endorse her racist sentiment of Obama. His response was something like "he is a good man with whom I disagree with" and then he turned away from her. How Un-Trumpian and Un-Presidential of him. Guess that's why he lost that election.

As to the current president and video evidence: Not quite damning. The killer here is the 13 second pregnant pause and then his blatant denial, although the denial was within the acceptable time frame of less than 24 hours. It's all good.
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Don’t let the clouds stop you from seeing the tiny twinkling stars. They are still beautiful even if you have to search harder to see them on a cloudy night.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
j p o wrote:

Only a pussy like John McCain would do that. I haven't seen any video, but I'm betting he stood there with that fucking smirk on his face with his hands out and nodding his head.

I had forgotten all about the McCain video of him taking the microphone back from a questioner who wanted him endorse her racist sentiment of Obama. His response was something like "he is a good man with whom I disagree with" and then he turned away from her. How Un-Trumpian and Un-Presidential of him. Guess that's why he lost that election.

As to the current president and video evidence: Not quite damning. The killer here is the 13 second pregnant pause and then his blatant denial, although the denial was within the acceptable time frame of less than 24 hours. It's all good.

Don't worry, he's already flopped on that flip.
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Good points.. I think I'm inclined to overlook behavioral shortcomings to cast a vote for the "side" that I think provides sound (or more sound) fiscal and foreign policy, domestic expenditures, fiscally responsible climate and energy policy. I don't think the D's do any of that better than the R's. Now, it would be nice if the R's would adopt sound climate and energy policy at all, but we cna't bankrupt the country in pursuit. Just throwing thoughts out there. But yeah, I think both sides of the ticket could put up an absolutely horrible person and it isn't going to sway the base that much.

This one caught my eye and it seems to persist in the wild for some fact-free fantasy-based reason. Republicans have not done anything fiscally conservative in quite some time (thinking decades as opposed to just election cycles).

You have 2 choices right now: Tax and Spend Democrats vs. Cut Tax and Spend Republicans. I'm a CFO in my spare time. One of these sides is what the finance minded of us would consider more fiscally conservative...big surprise - it ain't the Republicans! They sure love(d) to talk about it but I prefer to judge politicians by their actions. I also prefer reality.

When you accept that Republicans have no plan whatsoever to address debt and deficits and are in fact making them WORSE compared to a vanilla Democrat you're left with a relatively hollow platform. One that doesn't much resemble Republican dogma from like 3 years ago at that. Still want more of that?
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
ripple wrote:

Good points.. I think I'm inclined to overlook behavioral shortcomings to cast a vote for the "side" that I think provides sound (or more sound) fiscal and foreign policy, domestic expenditures, fiscally responsible climate and energy policy. I don't think the D's do any of that better than the R's. Now, it would be nice if the R's would adopt sound climate and energy policy at all, but we cna't bankrupt the country in pursuit. Just throwing thoughts out there. But yeah, I think both sides of the ticket could put up an absolutely horrible person and it isn't going to sway the base that much.

This one caught my eye and it seems to persist in the wild for some fact-free fantasy-based reason. Republicans have not done anything fiscally conservative in quite some time (thinking decades as opposed to just election cycles).

You have 2 choices right now: Tax and Spend Democrats vs. Cut Tax and Spend Republicans. I'm a CFO in my spare time. One of these sides is what the finance minded of us would consider more fiscally conservative...big surprise - it ain't the Republicans! They sure love(d) to talk about it but I prefer to judge politicians by their actions. I also prefer reality.

When you accept that Republicans have no plan whatsoever to address debt and deficits and are in fact making them WORSE compared to a vanilla Democrat you're left with a relatively hollow platform. One that doesn't much resemble Republican dogma from like 3 years ago at that. Still want more of that?

+1 SailorSam. Neither party is fiscally conservative. Frustrates me.
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
gofigure wrote:
j p o wrote:

Don't worry, he's already flopped on that flip.

Well if he can flop the the flip, I can double down on the" it's all good" with a "it's even better now". The man has a script and must follow it. Or is he gut speaking again and was the first "did not like" chants a false statement forced on him?
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fire away!

Quote:
"Then I hear Rep. Omar say, 'Oh, America is a terrible place, there is no justice here,'" Paul said. “Well, she came here and we fed her, we clothed her, she got welfare, she got school, she got healthcare, and then, lo and behold, she has the honor of actually winning a seat in Congress, and she says we’re a terrible country? I think that’s about as ungrateful as you can get."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:
"Then I hear Rep. Omar say, 'Oh, America is a terrible place, there is no justice here,'" Paul said. “Well, she came here and we fed her, we clothed her, she got welfare, she got school, she got healthcare, and then, lo and behold, she has the honor of actually winning a seat in Congress, and she says we’re a terrible country? I think that’s about as ungrateful as you can get."

Is Rand Paul making things Omar said again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

It might be that Rep. Omar did not say that exact quote . If she did, then all that followed as a direct quote from Rand Paul makes perfect sense to me. I haven't found her quote on the internet yet. still looking. First round shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can call someone 'ungrateful' for lots of reasons, like kneeling during anthem, wearing shorts to church or whatever - but chanting 'send her back' is different, and Trump standing there with Mussolini-esque approval is uncool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

It might be that Rep. Omar did not say that exact quote . If she did, then all that followed as a direct quote from Rand Paul makes perfect sense to me. I haven't found her quote on the internet yet. still looking. First round shot.

Well since Rand Paul already claimed that Omar said that America was a "rotten country", which she of course never said, I am wondering if Rand Paul can point to anything she actually said that was so bad. You would think after being caught making something up the first time, the second time you would actually quote the person.

It is more a failing of the press to print a story like this and not ask where she said that. Or point out if she actually said that. Or point out that Paul has made up things about her before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

Can you provide the quote where Rep. Omar said we're a terrible country? That will help put everything in context.
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

Can you provide the quote where Rep. Omar said we're a terrible country? That will help put everything in context.
I'm just quoting the article. If I had to interpret it, I would say Sen. Paul is taking a conglomerate of things she has actually said and is assigning his summary to those comments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

I'm just quoting the article. If I had to interpret it, I would say Sen. Paul is taking a conglomerate of things she has actually said and is assigning his summary to those comments.

Ok, I guess I’ll have to withhold my opinion as I’m not sure exactly what he is referring to. I don’t recall her saying anything close to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

So you're being generous to Senator Paul ("things she's actually said") and letting the assertion stand unchallenged, and perpetuating it, even though you don't actually know if she's said that can be legitimately construed as anti-American.

Not a good look.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jul 29, 19 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

If I were to interpret the article, I would say that Rand Paul is lying! And that he is just making stuff up!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Permission granted to return fire. I saw a lot of very fine quotes and some I would consider problematic for miss Oman. But nothing like that which is attributed to her by Mr Paul. Without validity to the accuracy of her quote, then my second shot would be that Mr. Paul ought be ashamed of himself. Can't say to the accuracy of either my shots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Permission granted to return fire. I saw a lot of very fine quotes and some I would consider problematic for miss Oman. But nothing like that which is attributed to her by Mr Paul. Without validity to the accuracy of her quote, then my second shot would be that Mr. Paul ought be ashamed of himself. Can't say to the accuracy of either my shots.
It's Omar.

But hey, I didn't say who you had to fire away at! Fire away at either one of them. Article was in USA Today ripped from a KY newspaper. To me, it sounded like a hit piece against Sen. Paul, basically suggesting he was a "send her back" type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Kentucky paper with a hit piece out on Rand. Wow. Omar? Oman? --am real bad with names thanks for correction.

Isn't there some rule in journalism about checking all quotes before publishing?
Quote Reply
Re: NC rally: send her back! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the link. I'll take that as a no she did not issue that exact quote and aim squarely on Mr Paul. What a rotten man, serious. Pick the phone up rand, call her and ask ," Did you say?.... Or can you explain? because i am fixing to go public with my response and you will not like it." What tangled webs can be we weave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
ripple wrote:
Fire away!

Quote:

Ah yes, but totally unfair to conglomerate all of Trump’s racist comments and actions and determine he is a racist. After all, he has a black friend.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply

Prev Next