Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short Seller Marc Cohodes, a Corrupt Senator, FBI Intimidation, and Pharma Fraud MiMedx
Quote | Reply
This is an incredible four part series encompassing the thread title. Worth watching or listening to in the background. Happy to have a discussion about it in the comments below. Keep in mind that Cohodes has a hell of a track record for finding and exposing frauds (and making money from their downfall).

A summary of what's alleged: bribes, kickbacks, channel stuffing, medicare/medicaid fraud, insurance fraud, lying to the FDA, lying to and defrauding the VA, a sitting Senator enlisting the FBI to intimidate an analyst.... the list goes on and on.

Quote Reply
Re: Short Seller Marc Cohodes, a Corrupt Senator, FBI Intimidation, and Pharma Fraud MiMedx [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could have been shorter but......

So he borrows a millions shares at 15 and sells them. Over two years the price is driven down to sub 3 and he buys them back and trousers the difference.

What if the shares stop trading, go to zero or company blows up. What would he owe the firms be borrowed them from.

Do we know what the financial were in this case?

I'm not sure I understood how he set up competitors for distribution to his own.

It seems like a massive Conspiracy and the very issues that arise when you have effectively unlimited and under regulated lobbying

What's a token he references in his tweets
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Jul 18, 19 11:14
Quote Reply
Re: Short Seller Marc Cohodes, a Corrupt Senator, FBI Intimidation, and Pharma Fraud MiMedx [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the specifics of the short, if the company becomes a “Q” he doesn’t owe anyone anything as the shares are invalidated in bankruptcy.

Re financials, I assume you mean the channel stuffing, revenue recognition, etc? That’s all pretty detailed in the linked court documents. It would be daunting to summarize but it’s basically a textbook in “how to commit fraud”. The fact that Ernst & Young walked should tell you something.

I didn’t understand the bit about competitors for their own distribution either. Best I could surmise was that they were not honoring territorial exclusives they were giving to actual distributors.

I’ll have to go back and look for the “token” you reference.
Quote Reply
Re: Short Seller Marc Cohodes, a Corrupt Senator, FBI Intimidation, and Pharma Fraud MiMedx [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will find the token reference if was on a tweet
Quote Reply
Re: Short Seller Marc Cohodes, a Corrupt Senator, FBI Intimidation, and Pharma Fraud MiMedx [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/...887961786474496?s=19

It was not related but I wondered what it was he was referring to
Quote Reply