Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ripple wrote:
Ben Carson says: he's not racist and his comments aren't racist.

What do we do now?

I don't know if he's an apologist/subservient for all white people but he's certainly an apologist/subservient for Trump.

So I'll go with... not enough data.

Mia Love, a Known Trump supporter (pink), also says no racism.

Enjoy the 4 CNN white people whitesplaing racism to the only black person on the panel.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-trump-tweets-racist

Your position is people of color have the definitive views on racism and people of whiteness couldn't possibly have a better understanding of it? Shit, Mia Love said no racism? What we were all thinking. Weird.

Well, that's not my opinion but I was trying to help Blep who said he needed more data points.

These CNN people literarily asked Love if it was racist. She said no. And they told her it was.

I'm curious, though. If White people can understand racism better than a black person, can men have a better understanding of women's healthcare needs?

You are really curious to know if a male gynecologist understands women's healthcare needs better than the patients he sees? When did Mia Love become an expert in racism? The day she was born? I'm not saying the CNN people are correct, but I'm not the one trying to prove a point by saying Mia Love understands racism better than any white person simply because she is black. That's absurd.

I was thinking about something like this: https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-48262238
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Ben Carson is proof that the intelligence necessary to become a pediatric surgeon is different than other forms of intelligence. This hold true for others who have become proficient in their primary field of expertise. The only exception I know of is lawyers, who can be experts on anything.

Aren't surgeons just glorified mechanics. How much weight would you give to the political opinions of Bob the mechanic at Pep Boys?

Can is not the same as are. The most important intelligence of the surgeon is to know when and when not to operate. Along with diagnosing things.

That's where the "glorified" comes in. Mechanics also need to when and how to diagnose. It's a matter of degree. But the skill sets can be compared. (I recognize that my comparison may apply better to dentists than to surgeons.) But the point is that the skillset necessary to become a competent surgeon doesn't necessarily translate to being able to be a good administrator, politician, or to be able to competently and honestly analyze political and social issues. This is why Carson, as competent as he may have been as a physician, is generally taken as wholly unqualified as HUD director. It's also why I don't automatically give weight to the political opinions of my primary care doctor (who is also a good friend) just because he's a doctor.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Ben Carson is proof that the intelligence necessary to become a pediatric surgeon is different than other forms of intelligence. This hold true for others who have become proficient in their primary field of expertise. The only exception I know of is lawyers, who can be experts on anything.

Aren't surgeons just glorified mechanics. How much weight would you give to the political opinions of Bob the mechanic at Pep Boys?

You are going to want to run this intelligence theory past BarryP. At least as it relates to a degree in economics from Boston U.

Unlike you, I don't have a pic of Barry posted to my bathroom mirror. PM me with one, and I'll put it up.

PHEWW. I'm free now. Here you go:

Dammit! Now I have to wipe clean my keyboard.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ripple wrote:

What do we do now?

I don't know if he's an apologist/subservient for all white people but he's certainly an apologist/subservient for Trump.

Enjoy the 4 CNN white people whitesplaing racism to the only black person on the panel.

Your position is people of color have the definitive views on racism and people of whiteness couldn't possibly have a better understanding of it? Shit, Mia Love said no racism? What we were all thinking. Weird.

Well, that's not my opinion but I was trying to help Blep who said he needed more data points.

These CNN people literarily asked Love if it was racist. She said no. And they told her it was.

I'm curious, though. If White people can understand racism better than a black person, can men have a better understanding of women's healthcare needs?

You are really curious to know if a male gynecologist understands women's healthcare needs better than the patients he sees? When did Mia Love become an expert in racism? The day she was born? I'm not saying the CNN people are correct, but I'm not the one trying to prove a point by saying Mia Love understands racism better than any white person simply because she is black. That's absurd.

I was thinking about something like this: https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-48262238

Of course you had a cherry picked event in mind. Hard to have a genuine conversation with people trying to play gotcha all the time. You asked a question which was answered. You didn't like the answer because it made too much sense so you moved the goal posts. Go figure.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ripple wrote:

What do we do now?

Of course you had a cherry picked event in mind. Hard to have a genuine conversation with people trying to play gotcha all the time. You asked a question which was answered. You didn't like the answer because it made too much sense so you moved the goal posts. Go figure.

Literally the first thing I thought of when you said people of whiteness couldn't possibly have a better understanding of racism was all the people who say men shouldn't have input into women's reproductive health. No gotcha.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was the intent and why I posted the meme of myself to begin with. Hopefully it will be received by all in the spirit in which it was intended
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Unlike you, I don't have a pic of Barry posted to my bathroom mirror.

No kidding. I've had stalkers before, but this turning into fatal attraction level shit.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
Unlike you, I don't have a pic of Barry posted to my bathroom mirror.

No kidding. I've had stalkers before, but this turning into fatal attraction level shit.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Is good old Uncle Ben an Uncle Tom? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ripple wrote:

What do we do now?

Literally the first thing I thought of when you said people of whiteness couldn't possibly have a better understanding of racism was all the people who say men shouldn't have input into women's reproductive health. No gotcha.

You aren't leaving any gray area. It is OK to say not all people of color understand racism better than all white people. It is also OK to say not all females understand their healthcare needs better than all men. I'm not turning to *insert anyone of color* to be my racism gauge. I'm also not turning to *insert any man* to be my women's healthcare needs expert.

You aren't going to convince me you have given a rats ass about Mia Love's opinions up until now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next