Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life
Quote | Reply
"Emails obtained by The Associated Press show that Iowa Department of Human Services Director Jerry Foxhoven routinely sent messages to employees lauding Shakur’s music and lyrics even after at least one complained to lawmakers. Then last month, he sent another such email to all 4,300 agency employees. He was abruptly ousted from his job the next work day.
Foxhoven, 66, told employees that he had been a huge fan of the hip-hop artist for years. He hosted weekly “Tupac Fridays” to play his music in the office. He traded lyrics with employees and he marked his own 65th birthday with Shakur-themed cookies, including ones decorated with the words “Thug life.”"
https://www.apnews.com/...4bc1a0fe3386e4b5bc38

Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a genuinely interesting guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rock and roll generation has gotten old.Think about it, if you actually came of age in the Summer of Love you are right around 70. The generation that came up with acid and free love are now moving into retirement communities and nursing homes. Should perk those places right up.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
The rock and roll generation has gotten old.Think about it, if you actually came of age in the Summer of Love you are right around 70. The generation that came up with acid and free love are now moving into retirement communities and nursing homes. Should perk those places right up.

Hippies are one thing. But you look at this guy and you just know that he’s out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin, soon as he stepped on the scene, he’s hearin’ hoochies screamin’, fienden’ for money and alcohol
the life of a west side playa where cowards die and its all ball.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Still hippies and this guy would really have been too old to get into a new genre like rap. Most people tastes in music, food, etc. are pretty much set by the time they are 30 or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:

Still hippies and this guy would really have been too old to get into a new genre like rap. Most people tastes in music, food, etc. are pretty much set by the time they are 30 or so.

Shit man. He ain't no hippie. Dude grew up on Hendrix, Zeppelin and The Who. He was raging before raging was cool. He knew disco sucked and saw the Sex Pistols live, twice

How old do you think Tupac would be now? My man Jerry wouldn't have even been 40 when Tupac got his start.

Think about it. There are old retired bankers who were high as a kite and listening to Jimmy when they were in college.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really getting tired of all this cultural appropriation. I'd have him fired too.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what he cant self identify ?
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty darn sure my wife threw out my rap cd's about a year ago. I'm 35.

There's no way since we haven't moved and they were in a 12" binder. You don't just lose a 12" binder with about 100 cd's in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I'm pretty darn sure my wife threw out my rap cd's about a year ago. I'm 35.

There's no way since we haven't moved and they were in a 12" binder. You don't just lose a 12" binder with about 100 cd's in it.

You should thank her for saving your career.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cds are still a thing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
j p o wrote:

Hippies are one thing. But you look at this guy and you just know that he’s out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin, soon as he stepped on the scene, he’s hearin’ hoochies screamin’, fienden’ for money and alcohol

Why do we not have a “like” function in this forum?????

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tupac is one thing. I wonder if he has any NWA or Biggie on shuffle. Maybe even some old school Grandmaster Flash or JVC Force ...

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

Is it really fair to blame this guy when the track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest? All he was doing was recognizing from Long Beach to Rosecrans, Bumpin and grindin like a slow jam.
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I'm really getting tired of all this cultural appropriation. I'd have him fired too.

I'd fire him for wasting State resources by sending office emails to discuss song lyrics. Then again, this is probably pretty low on the totem poll of government waste...
Quote Reply
Re: Iowa's (former) Human Services Director lives a Thug Life [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Cds are still a thing?

Cee Deez Nuts!!!!
Quote Reply