Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think you want to be using peacekeeper organizations as your defense of people not being white supremacists.

Looking at American Warrior Revolution's facebook/instagram it certainly looks like they are an alt right/white supramacist group. These people participated in the marching. AWR is active in the militia movement and maintains regular contact with other like-minded groups. Thirty-seven AWR members, many of them armed with semiautomatic weapons, attended the Unite the Right rally on August 12, 2017, in Charlottesville, Virginia.

You travel to march with white supremacists with weapons, you are not a very fine person.

Some of the white supremacist groups that organized last year’s violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, have agreed not to return to the city, while admitting no liability for clashes that left one counterprotester dead.
But other groups have refused to respond to the Virginia city’s lawsuit or remain committed to battling against it, saying their First Amendment rights are at stake.One of those groups, American Warrior Revolution, lashed out at the coverage of the August rally and said the white supremacists who marched are still being maligned as the instigators of the clashes.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 17, 19 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
Look ANTIFA are as big of fuckwits as Neo-Nazis, if you want to prove your case then show who the fine people were that Trump was talking about.

No I don't. It's irrelevant exactly who was there. Trump assumed that there were people there just to protest statue removal or promote free speech. He stated his assumption and spoke to that assumption.

But here you go anyway. Someone who was there who wasn't a neo-Nazi/white supremacist:

Michelle Piercy, who travelled to Charlottesville to participate as a neutral peacekeeper for American Warrior Revolution, a group that stands up for individual free speech rights and acts as a buffer between competing voices, knew there was going to be violence, but went anyway.

“We were made aware that the situation could be dangerous, and we were prepared.” Piercy says. The Wichita night-worker for a Kansas retirement home said that “the situation was completely disorganized, the police were responsible for herding white supremacists on the street where Antifa and BLM were located. All chaos broke out. I witnessed police officers say, ‘that’s not our problem’ and ‘you shouldn’t have come’ and refused to help the injured.”

Piercy says that she doesn’t support white supremacy, Naziism, or alt-right causes. Nor does she believe the president has that in his heart.

“My partner is a black man who travelled to Charlottesville for the same reason I did [to protect free speech]. We were in groups and he’s a very good man. What we were trying to do is talk to Antifa and Black Lives Matter and let them know that the way they were protesting is the wrong way to go about it.”

If they were there to keep the peace, wouldn't they be on neither side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you travel with your bike (guns), do the race (marching), and post about it online. You better believe it.

It’s not like the people just accidentally showed up.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
efernand wrote:
Quote:
Look ANTIFA are as big of fuckwits as Neo-Nazis, if you want to prove your case then show who the fine people were that Trump was talking about.

No I don't. It's irrelevant exactly who was there. Trump assumed that there were people there just to protest statue removal or promote free speech. He stated his assumption and spoke to that assumption.

But here you go anyway. Someone who was there who wasn't a neo-Nazi/white supremacist:

Michelle Piercy, who travelled to Charlottesville to participate as a neutral peacekeeper for American Warrior Revolution, a group that stands up for individual free speech rights and acts as a buffer between competing voices, knew there was going to be violence, but went anyway.

“We were made aware that the situation could be dangerous, and we were prepared.” Piercy says. The Wichita night-worker for a Kansas retirement home said that “the situation was completely disorganized, the police were responsible for herding white supremacists on the street where Antifa and BLM were located. All chaos broke out. I witnessed police officers say, ‘that’s not our problem’ and ‘you shouldn’t have come’ and refused to help the injured.”

Piercy says that she doesn’t support white supremacy, Naziism, or alt-right causes. Nor does she believe the president has that in his heart.

“My partner is a black man who travelled to Charlottesville for the same reason I did [to protect free speech]. We were in groups and he’s a very good man. What we were trying to do is talk to Antifa and Black Lives Matter and let them know that the way they were protesting is the wrong way to go about it.”

If they were there to keep the peace, wouldn't they be on neither side?

America warrior revolution doesn’t exactly have the ring of peace keeping group.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So FDR was far from perfect with regards to race, but was not irredeemable like Lee was

I wonder if the Americans he stripped of all of their possessions, and locked up is desolate camps with substandard living conditions would agree with this? I know I wouldn't.

But lets get back to Lee. Like many people of the time they considered themselves, in Lee's case Virginian 1st. I know you think this is BS, based on your 21st century view. But that view is wrong. Lee came from a long Virginian family. He was a military man. In those days military units were composed entirely of groups of men, get this from one state. Lee for most of is career commanded men exclusively from Virginia. He was Lincoln's 1st choice to lead the Union Army, but wanted to wait and see what direction Virginia was going to go.

I know you still don't believe it. So I have an experiment for you. Go to Germany and tell people they aren't loyal to Germany 1st. They are first loyal to the EU. Or better yet. Go to Scotland and tell them they aren't Scottish they are UK.

So back to statues of the past. Do I think it's silly to rally around them. Yes. Should they be torn down because they are of flawed individuals? Well you better tear down everyone, not just ones you don't like.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You show up to a triathlon to race. You are a triathlete.

My wife has shown up to over 50. She'll be happy to know that even though she can't really swim she's a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has she shown up to race?

If she does relays (for arguments sake let’s say that is showing up to the triathlon to race), would she get upset if someone called her a triathlete? If someone identified her as a triathlete in a race picture would she have issue with it?
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 17, 19 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

We're there in fact fine people on both sides? Just trying to figure out what the claim is here.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as a person who's responsible for the construction of polls on an at-least-weekly basis, i'd have constructed yours differently. i'd have written something like:

the VST has said that two groups of marchers - latin americans who aspire to cross into america, and white supremacists marching on charlottesville - contain some number of "good" or "fine" people. what is your guess as to which marching group contains the largest percentage of good/fine people?

latin american northbound marchers
charleston white supremacist marchers

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 17, 19 16:28
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
as a person who's responsible for the construction of polls on an at-least-weekly basis, i'd have constructed yours differently. i'd have written something like:
the VST has said that two groups of marchers - latin americans who aspire to cross into america, and white supremacists marching on charlottesville - contain some number of "good" or "fine" people. what is your guess as to which marching group contains the largest percentage of good/fine people?

You bias is blatant. I could ask which group has more fine people, MS13 gang members sneaking into the country, or the police in Charlottesville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

You bias is blatant. I could ask which group has more fine people, MS13 gang members sneaking into the country, or the police in Charlottesville.

he didn't say MS13. he said "mexico". "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

so, when mexico "sends us" immigrants, what percentage are good people? 90 percent? 30 percent? charlottesville, what he said was, "But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides."

where were there more fine and good people? in the white supremacist march at charlottesville? or mexicans attempting to get to america? seems like a pretty straightforward question. forget what trump would say. what do you say?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
You show up to a triathlon to race. You are a triathlete.

What happens if you are in Lake Placid for a vacation and it happens to be Ironman weekend? Are you an Ironman?

If you participate in the race and finish yes. Just as if you go to a Unite the Right rally and participate, you are a fucking racist. It's not that hard to understand.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.

I thought, at the time, that he was referring to peaceful people who came to protest taking down the statue, and that politicians on the left and the media latched onto the “very fine people on both sides” to paint it as if he claimed the violent neo-nazis were fine people.

It’s probably worth remembering that the initial peaceful permitted protest was focused on on the right, and against taking down the statue. It’s worth further remembering that the left staged a counter protest, and advertised it loudly, escalating the situation, and resulting in move violent types from the right latching on.

I’m certainly not going to excuse either side for the violence that ensued, but the initial protesters, the ones I think Pres Trump was referring to as fine people, were the ones who schedules a peaceful protest, got a permit, and then got overrun by violent actors from both sides.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The unit the rally was always a white supramasist event put on in response to taking down statues in Georgia. The event was hosted by someone whose views on race were too extreme for the proud boys.

It’s not like these guys are run of the mill good ole boys
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incorrect, they were just 1st Amendment lovers who don't want FREEDOM taken away.

Also, they will defend to the death everything that the Squad has to say in the name of FREEDOM!!!! Oh, no... sorry, those brown looking people don't count and should "go back to where they came from".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on the actual quotes you and Jmh posted, yes I do believe he called some white supremists fine people and I think he believes that.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 18, 19 5:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
The unit the rally was always a white supramasist event put on in response to taking down statues in Georgia. The event was hosted by someone whose views on race were too extreme for the proud boys.

It’s not like these guys are run of the mill good ole boys

But they were peaceful white supremacists.

The standards for being fine have gotten pretty lax.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Based on the actual quotes you and Jmh posted, yes I do believe he called some white supremists fine people and I think he believes that.
ssdefsdf

So, when Trump said: "and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally", you read his mind and found out that he really didn't condemn them totally?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, he was talking about the imaginary people that his brain conjured up.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
No.

I thought, at the time, that he was referring to peaceful people who came to protest taking down the statue, and that politicians on the left and the media latched onto the “very fine people on both sides” to paint it as if he claimed the violent neo-nazis were fine people.

It’s probably worth remembering that the initial peaceful permitted protest was focused on on the right, and against taking down the statue. It’s worth further remembering that the left staged a counter protest, and advertised it loudly, escalating the situation, and resulting in move violent types from the right latching on.

I’m certainly not going to excuse either side for the violence that ensued, but the initial protesters, the ones I think Pres Trump was referring to as fine people, were the ones who schedules a peaceful protest, got a permit, and then got overrun by violent actors from both sides.

So as long as the white supremacists have all their permits in order, they're 'fine' enough I guess? I think you're being overly generous, if not deliberately naive in the service of pedantry, to absolve the initial actors as having no racial animus.

No question there were 'non-fine' leftists who helped escalate the situation, but the neo-Nazis didn't just happen to all show up in the same place on a random Saturday at the same time by accident. Like others have said, regardless of the statue pretext, you show up to march w/ a bunch of white supremacists = 'Not fine'
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how many Social Justice Warrior points have you earned today?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Yes or No, Do You Believe That Trump Called White Supremacists "Fine People" [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
slowguy wrote:
No.

So as long as the white supremacists have all their permits in order, they're 'fine' enough I guess? I think you're being overly generous, if not deliberately naive in the service of pedantry, to absolve the initial actors as having no racial animus.

No question there were 'non-fine' leftists who helped escalate the situation, but the neo-Nazis didn't just happen to all show up in the same place on a random Saturday at the same time by accident. Like others have said, regardless of the statue pretext, you show up to march w/ a bunch of white supremacists = 'Not fine'

You're missing a step or two. You're right, the violent neo-nazis didn't just show up at random together. They showed up in response to the leftist counter protestors who declared openly that they were going to crap all over the initial protest, which was against removing the confederate statue.

Lots of people don't like the idea of removing historical statues in the name of pseudo-erasing our past. They're not all neo-nazis. Many are, in fact, very fine people. Again, I'm not defending the bad actors, but clearly this started off at the very beginning with a group of people, many of whom simply don't like the idea of their history being erased, staging a peaceful and lawful protest. That peaceful protest was overrun by assholes on both sides.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny how it's quieted down so quickly. It's like none of the lefties had actually seen/heard the part where Trump said "and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally" before this thread.

It was pretty predictable that they would pivot to saying that there were no non neo-Nazis there, and, if you were "marching with" the neo-Nazis, that it makes you a neo-Nazi, or basically, anyone who was there has to be a new-Nazi.
Quote Reply

Prev Next