Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2)
Quote | Reply
PLEASE DON'T BRING RACISM INTO THIS OR PEOPLE LEAVING THE COUNTRY THEY WERE BORN IN. STICK TO ANALYZING WHAT HE ACTUALLY TWEETED. (its kind of the point here)

So this is what I have found for the tweet/qoute

ā€œSo interesting to see ā€˜Progressiveā€™ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,ā€ Trump tweeted Sunday. ā€œWhy donā€™t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,ā€ his thread continued. ā€œThen come back and show us how it is done.ā€

Why is there such a shit storm over this?

Why don't the Dems take it at face value and agree with him.

3 of them (it is my understanding) originally came from (as in born in) the US. So it appears Trump is admitting we have one of the worst most corrupt and inept govt. And these three are trying to help fix it, the Dems should point that ask, and then ask Trump as leader of this govt. he just identified as most corrupt and inept, why he doesn't step down or work with them to fix it.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jul 17, 19 5:42
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In other words, I went after exactly what he wrote (ā€œgo backā€) instead of the new spin (ā€œjust leaveā€) and you couldnā€™t handle it.

Snowflake much?
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
PLEASE DON'T BRING RACISM INTO THIS OR PEOPLE LEAVING THE COUNTRY THEY WERE BORN IN. STICK TO ANALYZING WHAT HE ACTUALLY TWEETED. (its kind of the point here)

ā€œSo interesting to see ā€˜Progressiveā€™ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,ā€ Trump tweeted Sunday. ā€œWhy donā€™t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,ā€ his thread continued. ā€œThen come back and show us how it is done.ā€

3 of them (it is my understanding) originally came from (as in born in) the US. So it appears Trump is admitting we have one of the worst most corrupt and inept govt. And these three are trying to help fix it, the Dems should point that ask, and then ask Trump as leader of this govt. he just identified as most corrupt and inept, why he doesn't step down or work with them to fix it.

Dems don't take his tweets at face value because you and the rest of the Trump apologists keep telling them they can't rely on what he says, but rather look to what he DOES. Nothing Trump tweets is meant to be taken at "face value." That's the point. His tweets are meant to energize his base, and there is ALWAYS some fear-mongering, race-baiting, xenophobia, or some other meaning underlying it.

So, the long and short of it is that the words in a vacuum are harmless, but to ignore the circumstances (i.e., to whom they are directed and about whom they refer), is to minimize their intended message, which IMHO, is entirely racially-charged, entirely xenophobic, entirely fear mongering, and entirely intended to trigger Dems and energize his base against the SJWs.

There is no "face value" here. It's yet another example of a man with no moral compass doing whatever he can to divide the nation because that is how he maintains his power.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

ā€”Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Jul 17, 19 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
In other words, I went after exactly what he wrote (ā€œgo backā€) instead of the new spin (ā€œjust leaveā€) and you couldnā€™t handle it.

Snowflake much?

Actually bailed after first reply.

No I agree he said go back.. did you even read my post? Thats the whole point.. 3 were born in the US

So ā€œWhy donā€™t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,ā€

They came from the US They are members of congress seems they are trying to help fix the the totally broken and crime infested place.

I agree there is no Leave they have no place to leave from..

Basically Trump said hey you 3 US Born people were born in a country whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world ---

When he says there Govt. He is talking about the US GOVT that he is the leader of.. He is admitting his govt. is the worst corrupt and inept one in the world...

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your joke is lost on the Trumpers because they are too stupid to get it. Just give up.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you miss when Pelosi tweeted exactly what you are asking?

Why should anyone have to break down such garbage anyway? Why aren't you asking that question?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sticking to what was actually written.

Your last 2 points are valid and maybe the dialogue will evolve into a very cute strict reading of the "originally came from" for the 3 born in the US. The tactic to bounce it back into his lap as the leader of that country and pursue a debate as to how he is specifically fixing their districts and constituents contrasted against how they are trying to fix those districts would be worth the fight. But he knew all would be blinded from the get go and hence to the shitstorm and not discussions of the Bronx.

So to your first point and why the shitstorm? Because he wanted there to be a shitstorm and knew full well that would be the direction taken.

As to your plea to not go into Racism, it can't be done.

The "Go back" reference fits to a tee the last of the 4 as it refers to the shitholiest of countries, Somalia. Make no mistake, there is no escaping the racism charge here. The fact that he showed her picture as he raised his crib sheet while doubling down the other day was not accidental. He wants this fight. Why? Because he can cover his true racism, inflaming his base of like minded racists, while hyping a vulnerable target, Omar, and inferring a valid difference in assigning and prioritizing values for america with her. She is the easiest and most vulnerable of political democratic targets for the moment because she has already gone into the gutter of "hate and fear" speech.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you are trying to do here, but don't worry Trump isn't going anywhere. Technically Trump did not break the law because he and members of Congress are not co-workers.
He did not say country 'born' but country 'from' . . . and 'from' is not as literal as born . . . it is more context based. The context in tweet was get your ass back to the country your people are from.
Just as my people are from Germany - though both sides of my family are 3rd generation US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct, no matter how his statements are looked at, they are bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
Not sure what you are trying to do here, but don't worry Trump isn't going anywhere. Technically Trump did not break the law because he and members of Congress are not co-workers.
He did not say country 'born' but country 'from' . . . and 'from' is not as literal as born . . . it is more context based. The context in tweet was get your ass back to the country your people are from.
Just as my people are from Germany - though both sides of my family are 3rd generation US.

I couldn't come up with a more generous interpretation if I tried. Slow golf clap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well there are 29 foreign-born members of Congress 9 of which are female Democrats. Not sure how many are considered Progressive or how bad the governments and conditions are from their respective countries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, the response should have been:

You say I'm form a country that's a "complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world" and that I should work on fixing this. Well, I'm from the United States, and while I don't agree with your claim that it's a "complete and total catastrophe, most corrupt and inept," etc., I do think there are problems that need to be fixed, but why do you hate the US so much?
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Why should anyone have to break down such garbage anyway? Why aren't you asking that question?

No I don't follow the politics that closely.. They should have just stuck to that line and skipped all the other bs.

They don't have to, they could easily let it go. But in this day and age it seems everyone feels they have to respond to every stupid, tweet, post, comment etc..

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:

I have no clue what law your talking about .. probably a further blow up of this..

Sorry I think the Country people are from is the country they are born in. Personally I don't think he knew 3 of them were Born in the US, I bet he thought they all were from other countries.

If someone asked what country I was from I would not even think they meant my heritage, which is not from a country but from all over Europe.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
So, the response should have been:

You say I'm form a country that's a "complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world" and that I should work on fixing this. Well, I'm from the United States, and while I don't agree with your claim that it's a "complete and total catastrophe, most corrupt and inept," etc., I do think there are problems that need to be fixed, but why do you hate the US so much?

YES, something along that line would have been a MUCH smarter reply, and then stick with it. Don't let it go anywhere else. Pound the shit out of the fact he just called the US all those things. Put it back on him to say, No I meant your grandparents country or whatever.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jul 17, 19 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

No I don't follow the politics that closely.. They should have just stuck to that line and skipped all the other bs.

They don't have to, they could easily let it go. But in this day and age it seems everyone feels they have to respond to every stupid, tweet, post, comment etc..

I don't either, but that obviously made headlines. In general, I definitely agree with you, but I think you are dismissing this one a bit too quickly as a "stupid" tweet. Could you imagine Obama telling white republicans of any descent to go back to where they came from? Holy fuck, that could have started another civil war.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said (attempt 2) [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I don't either, but that obviously made headlines. In general, I definitely agree with you, but I think you are dismissing this one a bit too quickly as a "stupid" tweet. Could you imagine Obama telling white republicans of any descent to go back to where they came from? Holy fuck, that could have started another civil war.

Only because he was not seen as a moron, and was viewed as someone of intelligence and a threat. Trump is not held in that High of a regard.. this is just another stupid tweet from a stupid twat...

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Only because he was not seen as a moron, and was viewed as someone of intelligence and a threat. Trump is not held in that High of a regard.. this is just another stupid tweet from a stupid twat...

The Republicans viewed Obama as someone of intelligence? Shirley, you are joking. This tweet went far beyond Trump's normal stupid. This one shouldn't be ignored and I'm happy it isn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Maybe these guys can help you understand
https://m.facebook.com/...p;id=153657598048710
Quote Reply