Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why is there no story on the female race at Tizzy WC?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering why there is no story on the front page about the female race at the Tiszjavaros World Cup? I get the US flag waving, with Eli Hemming winning as why the men's race is highlighted, but usually there's at least mention of the women's results, or a separate story on the women's race. I guess it's more noticeable, since Slowtwitch is usually pretty good at covering both men's and womens results/stories at events... It's too bad, the ladies race was as exciting as the men's and similarly came down to a multi-person flat out sprint over the last 500m...
Quote Reply
Re: Why is there no story on the female race at Tizzy WC? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Just wondering why there is no story on the front page about the female race at the Tiszjavaros World Cup? I get the US flag waving, with Eli Hemming winning as why the men's race is highlighted, but usually there's at least mention of the women's results, or a separate story on the women's race. I guess it's more noticeable, since Slowtwitch is usually pretty good at covering both men's and womens results/stories at events... It's too bad, the ladies race was as exciting as the men's and similarly came down to a multi-person flat out sprint over the last 500m...

we don't usually cover world cup races. we would not have covered this race at all. the ONLY reason we wrote about this race is because eli won it. the only thing that made this race rise to the level of interest was the rare occurrence of a US male breaking thru in ITU competition. you could almost say we still didn't cover this race. the only thing we covered was eli winning it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply