Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mysteries you would like solved [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
How about this one? I was in a rush and was driving behind a guy who was driving the speed limit and no faster on a single lane road with an island separating the other lane.

So I couldn't pass him legally.

We came to a set of lights and I went into the right hand turn lane and passed him there. He really did not want me to do that and then sped up and tried to cut me off. He didn't manage to as I floored it. He then proceeded to tailgate me really closely at a pretty good speed until we got to the next light. There he proceeded to thrown every possible expletive at me that he could muster while I calmly stared at him and give him a few "what is wrong with you, you crazy idiot" looks. He then stepped on the gas and spun his tires to really show how upset he was in case I wasn't getting it.

Did I deserve his wrath?

I will let ST decide.

No, you passed him illegally but why would he give a shit? You weren't holding him up after the pass or endangering him with your pass.

That's what I don't get. I could understand the anger if I passed him and then put on the brakes and slowed him down.

He took me passing him as a personal affront. That's what I don't get at all. If you drive the speed limit, that fine. But you should expect that other people will want to go faster. Why is it your job to make sure that they don't?

Didn't someone post here that they sat in the passing lane on the highway driving the speed limit?

I'm surprised they hadn't been shot in a road rage incident if they did that regularly.
Quote Reply
Re: Mysteries you would like solved [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
How about this one? I was in a rush and was driving behind a guy who was driving the speed limit and no faster on a single lane road with an island separating the other lane.

We came to a set of lights and I went into the right hand turn lane and passed him there. He really did not want me to do that and then sped up and tried to cut me off. He didn't manage to as I floored it. He then proceeded to tailgate me really closely at a pretty good speed until we got to the next light. There he proceeded to thrown every possible expletive at me that he could muster while I calmly stared at him and give him a few "what is wrong with you, you crazy idiot" looks. He then stepped on the gas and spun his tires to really show how upset he was in case I wasn't getting it.

Did I deserve his wrath?

I will let ST decide.

No, you passed him illegally but why would he give a shit? You weren't holding him up after the pass or endangering him with your pass.

That's what I don't get. I could understand the anger if I passed him and then put on the brakes and slowed him down.

He took me passing him as a personal affront. That's what I don't get at all. If you drive the speed limit, that fine. But you should expect that other people will want to go faster. Why is it your job to make sure that they don't?

There are drivers that believe they are the speed police and get to dictate the speed at which everyone else drives. Coming back from Hilton Head a couple years ago, a guy parked himself in the fast lane next to a truck going 55. He would not move. If the truck sped up, he did too. If the truck slowed down, he did too. He was only doing it because he thought everyone should drive 55 (or less). At least 30 cars were backed up behind him. When the truck finally exited, we went around him in the right lane and he tried to block us. Flipped us the bird when we passed.
Quote Reply
Re: Mysteries you would like solved [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Did I deserve his wrath?

I will let ST decide.

There are drivers that believe they are the speed police and get to dictate the speed at which everyone else drives. Coming back from Hilton Head a couple years ago, a guy parked himself in the fast lane next to a truck going 55. He would not move. If the truck sped up, he did too. If the truck slowed down, he did too. He was only doing it because he thought everyone should drive 55 (or less). At least 30 cars were backed up behind him. When the truck finally exited, we went around him in the right lane and he tried to block us. Flipped us the bird when we passed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next