Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can we actually break down what he said.
Quote | Reply
So this is what I have found for the tweet/qoute

ā€œSo interesting to see ā€˜Progressiveā€™ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,ā€ Trump tweeted Sunday. ā€œWhy donā€™t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,ā€ his thread continued. ā€œThen come back and show us how it is done.ā€

Why is there such a shit storm over this?

Why don't the Dems take it at face value and agree with him.

3 of them (it is my understanding) originally came from (as in born in) the US. So it appears Trump is admitting we have one of the worst most corrupt and inept govt. And these three are trying to help fix it, the Dems should point that ask, and then ask Trump as leader of this govt. he just identified as most corrupt and inept, why he doesn't step down or work with them to fix it.

No it wasn't racist as three of them were born in the USA

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

ā€œSo interesting to see ā€˜Progressiveā€™ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,ā€ Trump tweeted Sunday. ā€œWhy donā€™t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,ā€ his thread continued. ā€œThen come back and show us how it is done.ā€

3 of them (it is my understanding) originally came from (as in born in) the US. So it appears Trump is admitting we have one of the worst most corrupt and inept govt. And these three are trying to help fix it, the Dems should point that ask, and then ask Trump as leader of this govt. he just identified as most corrupt and inept, why he doesn't step down or work with them to fix it.

Simple ... These four members of congress HATE America. They say it was wicked in its founding and is more wicked now including the majority of its citizens.
If they think its so bad , they are free to go someware they think is better.
Thats it! Not racist, not mean ... just the truth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

ā€”Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Simple ... These four members of congress HATE America. They say it was wicked in its founding and is more wicked now including the majority of its citizens.

The problem with your spin is that he didnā€™t tell them to leave. Thatā€™s the cover story. He told them to ā€œgo backā€ which is clearly racist.

Please share with us where ā€œbackā€ would be for the three who were born and raised here.

Go ahead and name the country they should go ā€œbackā€ to. And not the ā€œgo anywhereā€ spin. Specifically, where should they go ā€œbackā€ to?

And if their great sin is that they point out issues with America (wealth gap, lack of healthcare coverage for many, babies in cages), and want to do better, how sinful was Trumpā€™s 2016 campaign and the the entire Make America Great Again movement? Anyone who ever suggested that America has lost its greatness should leave, shouldnā€™t they?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

Sorry as I said I don't think this is about racism. I don't believe his qoute used the word Hate...

If you want to have a discussion, please stick to the topic.

Thanks

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:

Your right. I wish on ST the OP had the option of deleting replies.. The first one totally ignored my topic and decided to turn this into the same old discussion.

UGH..

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

There are three possible explanations:
  • He's a moron
  • He's a moron and a racist
  • He's racist

Moron is a given. He doesn't know that PR is part of the US, thus he thinks AOC is a foreigner and should get exiled to PR.

Racist is proven already. He employs Steven Miller.

Put those together: He has said ALL countries that are populated by people of colour are shithole countries. Thus because Tlaib is Palestinian, she must be from Palestine, thus Israel is a shithole country she should go back to.

The only other explanation is he doesn't know the different between State and Country - that Tlaib should go back to the shithole state of Michigan, Cortez go back to the shithole state of New York, Pressley back to the shithole state of Mass, and Omar back to the shithole state of Minnesota.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

There are three possible explanations:
  • He's a moron
  • He's a moron and a racist
  • He's racist

Moron is a given. He doesn't know that PR is part of the US, thus he thinks AOC is a foreigner and should get exiled to PR.

Racist is proven already. He employs Steven Miller.

Put those together: He has said ALL countries that are populated by people of colour are shithole countries. Thus because Tlaib is Palestinian, she must be from Palestine, thus Israel is a shithole country she should go back to.

The only other explanation is he doesn't know the different between State and Country - that Tlaib should go back to the shithole state of Michigan, Cortez go back to the shithole state of New York, Pressley back to the shithole state of Mass, and Omar back to the shithole state of Minnesota.
Oh, he's a moron alright.. the part about coming from other countries makes him look like a buffoon, which, well.. the shoe fits.

I do have to gripe about AOC though.. he could have said she was from another planet and I think he'd have been OK. Maybe dead on.

In regards to the bolded. That's not at all what he said. You are making quite a jump. Maybe he thinks it, who knows? But that's not remotely what he said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

I remember trump's campaign slogan "America is Already Great!"
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The problem with your spin is that he didnā€™t tell them to leave. Thatā€™s the cover story. He told them to ā€œgo backā€ which is clearly racist.

Please share with us where ā€œbackā€ would be for the three who were born and raised here.

Go ahead and name the country they should go ā€œbackā€ to. And not the ā€œgo anywhereā€ spin. Specifically, where should they go ā€œbackā€ to?

And if their great sin is that they point out issues with America (wealth gap, lack of healthcare coverage for many, babies in cages), and want to do better, how sinful was Trumpā€™s 2016 campaign and the the entire Make America Great Again movement? Anyone who ever suggested that America has lost its greatness should leave, shouldnā€™t they?

Exactly right.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. Because to break it down would be to assume there is something deeper to understand. When your drunk uncle goes on a racist rant at Thanksgiving do you break it down or show him the door?

The only people who tell non-white Americans to go back to where they came from are racists. It isn't deeper than that.

Stop making excuses for him. If someone around you said that you would tell them to shut and go.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jul 17, 19 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
No. Because to break it down would be to assume there is something deeper to understand. When your drunk uncle goes on a racist rant at Thanksgiving do you break it down or show him the door?

The only people who tell non-white Americans to go back to where they came from are racists. It isn't deeper than that.

Stop making excuses for him. If someone around you said that you would tell them to shut and go.

Holy shit. Dav is making a joke. Nobody gets it.

Trump told them to go back to where they came from and fix that corrupt government. They came from America.

So Trump is saying that his own government is corrupt and needs to be fixed. Dat's the joke...

Of course Trump isn't saying that at all. Or isn't trying to anyway.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

Trump told them to go back to where they came from and fix that corrupt government. They came from America.

So Trump is saying that his own government is corrupt and needs to be fixed. Dat's the joke...

I figured it out later. Two Daves, opposite sides of the political aisle, my brain only sees one.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we actually break down what he said. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

I figured it out later. Two Daves, opposite sides of the political aisle, my brain only sees one.

This Dav is on neither side of the aisle.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

This Dav is on neither side of the aisle.

Dav likes it both ways.
Quote Reply