Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apollo 11 - +50
Quote | Reply
If you want to re-live the Apollo 11 experience, with ALL the Mission Control audio, cockpit chatter, and much, much more [everything BUT Walter Cronkite] .. in REAL TIME!!!*

Go Here

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

Listening to Armstrong-Aldrin-Collins early on, there's a lot of "what do we do next?" "is that right?" and "that's close enough"

Which totally PROVES the really did it = you can't fake this shit

* Real Time RIGHT NOW [12 something hours into the mission] nothing much is going on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outstanding! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you poke around the interface, you can slide back to the launch, Buzz & Mike looking for the lost camera, docking with LEM, and so on

AND, sliding forward < spoiler alert > landing on the Moon, the EVA, coming home, and splashdown

Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 16, 19 19:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday morning, CBS News was playing their Walter Kronkite coverage in "real time" on Youtube. Commercials and all. I'm sure it's still on there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a video I think posted on here a month ago or so maybe? It had a film producer going through what it would have taken to do the filming to fake it. With the technology then in film, it wouldn’t have been even slightly plausible. It was a really good video actually.
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, for many years I was convinced they were faked ... then I saw this

His statement at the end is chilling

"Why does any of this matter? My concern is with the ultimate fate of knowing, of seeing the difference of what you can know and what you wish for. . . . The urge to believe drives people to trade in part of their soul in exchange for the comfort of being a rebel. OK. But that step from knowing you've been lied to, to believing everything else is a lie; is a big step. Once you are forced to hypothesize whole new technologies to keep your conspiracy possible, you have stepped over into the realm of magic, requiring of you a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump was trying to explain how the Moon is part of Mars again today during Apollo anniversary events.

Buzz wasn't impressed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to try to post one of these a day until the mission is over. I'm loving this +50 week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was really cool. Thanks for posting.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was lucky enough to go to a big gala last night at the Air & Space Museum. Aldrin and Collins were interviewed. It was awesome. Collins is a fantastic straight man to Aldrin’s goofiness.
Last edited by: crowny2: Jul 20, 19 5:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of this actually makes me sad. I was a bit to young to appreciate the Apollo missions, but the Space Shuttle got my juices going, but we just let it all fizzle.

Big picture, I look what "we" by that you could say our Govt, via societies priorities, have really just let space exploration fade away.

One of the few things I will agree with Elon on, to make space doable the you need reusability. He has some great comments about it, imaging exploring the world on a ship that only went one way. Imagine, Columbus having his 3 ships towing 3 more for the return trip. Gets to America crashes them loads up the other boats to return which he then crashes those ships on return.

We should have a station on the moon already, I wonder what we have learned what other tech would we have if kept it going.

Oh well.. At least its cool to see people exploring the depths of the ocean, another area as a kid that fascinated me, we know more about the moon (probably mars now) then we know about the bottom of the oceans.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just another thing on we faked the moon landings.. what would be the point in faking more than one. I mean why would you keep faking them, just more and more and more chances of getting caught. Then of course you would had to have faked Apollo 13 and why, I guess to keep people interested. I have never really thought about if we faked walking on the moon, that means all of them, not sure I have heard many conspirators explain why we would have so many landings faked.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, today is the day. I've heard this photo described as the most iconic of the 100+ taken on the surface:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The documentary Apollo 11 is absolutely stunning. The high-def film makes it all seem contemporary and I liked the way they built suspense using ambient noise and mission control communications rather than a narrator.

Excellent.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
The documentary Apollo 11 is absolutely stunning. The high-def film makes it all seem contemporary and I liked the way they built suspense using ambient noise and mission control communications rather than a narrator.

Excellent.

I saw it in Imax, the footage was amazing. It just looked so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Worth a read:

https://www.reddit.com/...d_apollo_missions_1/

Not sure some of that is accurate like the apollo 13 slingshot idea was MIT student...
Quote Reply
Re: Apollo 11 - +50 [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think so. From what I've read, getting the spacecraft home was never an issue... it was the power and the environmental issues to keep the crew alive that was the problem. As I understand it, they had a decision point to either do the "free return" abort halfway to the moon or do the "moon flyby" which they eventually did. Either COA would have brought the spacecraft back to earth but for whatever reason the moon flyby option was deemed the preferred COA.

But that's the public stuff... maybe what really happened behind the scenes is what he says.

ruby1 wrote:
>>Worth a read:

https://www.reddit.com/...d_apollo_missions_1/

Not sure some of that is accurate like the apollo 13 slingshot idea was MIT student...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my dad worked at Honeywell in Minneapolis in 1963-64, he drew the schematics for the pitch control on the the Apollo command module.

Quote | Reply

Quote Reply