Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swim Championship Meet thread - 2019 edition - WUGs, Worlds. [Mark57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark57 wrote:
Mark57 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Should do what, tilt at windmills? Not that Yang isn’t s problem, but he isn’t THE problem, if you know what I mean.

I’m sure he is a calm level headed guy, from what I’ve seen of him he seems like a good fellow. But that doesn’t mean that in this situation he isn’t a drama queen. Everyone has people or situations that push their buttons. Yang pushes Hortons buttons.

"Why don't more athletes speak out against doping?"

Athlete speaks out.

"He's a drama queen".

Maybe. I don’t think I’ve said that athletes should be publicly speaking out against doping, especially not individual athletes. Honestly, I don’t think that accomplishes anything. It’s just playing whack a mole.

The system needs fixing. Yang is a symptom...,

Horton didn't "say" anything. He "did" something. Probably all he could do. @JasoninHalifax if you were in his shoes beaten by a guy with Yang's history and someone in the crowd yells out "Drama Queen"!.......need I say anymore? Mac's a great champion in every sense of the word and a great leader for the team.

I'm so glad I stood up for Horton.

Pretty clear who's on the right side of history. Off you go, Sun.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Championship Meet thread - 2019 edition - WUGs, Worlds. [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad this turned out this way and I suspect you do to NAB777. When people on "the inside" start complaining, people on "the outside" should take it seriously. Horton has suffered through this I hope this gives him some semblance of satisfaction for the countless hours in the pool and I suspect loss of income.
Needless to say I don't like people that don't play fair.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Championship Meet thread - 2019 edition - WUGs, Worlds. [Mark57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark57 wrote:
Mark57 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Should do what, tilt at windmills? Not that Yang isn’t s problem, but he isn’t THE problem, if you know what I mean.

I’m sure he is a calm level headed guy, from what I’ve seen of him he seems like a good fellow. But that doesn’t mean that in this situation he isn’t a drama queen. Everyone has people or situations that push their buttons. Yang pushes Hortons buttons.

"Why don't more athletes speak out against doping?"

Athlete speaks out.

"He's a drama queen".

Maybe. I don’t think I’ve said that athletes should be publicly speaking out against doping, especially not individual athletes. Honestly, I don’t think that accomplishes anything. It’s just playing whack a mole.

The system needs fixing. Yang is a symptom...,

Horton didn't "say" anything. He "did" something. Probably all he could do. @JasoninHalifax if you were in his shoes beaten by a guy with Yang's history and someone in the crowd yells out "Drama Queen"!.......need I say anymore? Mac's a great champion in every sense of the word and a great leader for the team.

I'm so glad I stood up for Horton.

Need a 'like' button.
Horton vindicated. Good on him. Hope (a) he's wearing fhecking huge grin on his face today and (b) they should make the doper publically hand over the medals the cheated won to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark57 wrote:
Glad this turned out this way and I suspect you do to NAB777. When people on "the inside" start complaining, people on "the outside" should take it seriously. Horton has suffered through this I hope this gives him some semblance of satisfaction for the countless hours in the pool and I suspect loss of income.
Needless to say I don't like people that don't play fair.

Everyone knew what Sun Yang was up to; Horton stood up for what he believed in & copped it anyway.

People suck sometimes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next