Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The "squad" press conference
Quote | Reply
Whoa! Had Ozzy Osbourne singing in my head. That Ilhan Omar was full tilt on the crazy train. I never knew so many Americans have died in the last 2.5 years because of Trump's assault on healthcare. Pelosi had to have been watching that and facepalming the entire time. Those 4 and Donnie deserve each other.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick, deflect from the racist president!

Yea, I am a bit more concerned that the fucking president just lied and said she supports al-Qaeda (or as trump spells it Alcaida, proving that he just doesn't read anything ever). But sure be picky about Omar said, I am sure she is fine with having more death threats from the president stoking his base.

Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had an opportunity to take the high road. Talib actually came across as sane, at least to me. The others decided to take the bat shit crazy route in some respects. I can't stand the Don, but this gang of amateurs went a little too far off the reservation. Lock all 5 in a border detention cell for all I care!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
They had an opportunity to take the high road. Talib actually came across as sane, at least to me. The others decided to take the bat shit crazy route in some respects. I can't stand the Don, but this gang of amateurs went a little too far off the reservation. Lock all 5 in a border detention cell for all I care!

You spoke the truth but guess what! Your a trump ball washing racist! Tow the line or the LR loonies will attack!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

So highly intelligent she almost makes trump look good in this situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Yea, I am a bit more concerned that the fucking president just lied and said she supports al-Qaeda (or as trump spells it Alcaida, proving that he just doesn't read anything ever). But sure be picky about Omar said, I am sure she is fine with having more death threats from the president stoking his base.

So every topic here has to be about Trump or else the OP is deflecting?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Wake up ALL! Trump will succeed with his racist campaign if, and only if, these 4 congress people are made to be the face of the national democratic party. Plain and simple. Deflecting is not the point. Those who are Trump supporters, defenders (or whatever label fits) of his racism, may not be the full throated racist white nationalist, but they are surely associated victims whose eagle feathers are being ruffled by these four members of congress. The proud, somewhat closeted, white nationalist tribe, who hate and fear the others, will grow in size as an attacked victim class led by the Victim in Chief if the progressive liberal flank emblazoned with the faces of the Squad is the choice of the DNC.

Hopefully the democratic party will see the ploy and not play his game. If they don't, and they lean left, and still win, well, you think we are polarized now? The strength of our country does not reside on either end but in the middle. As the greatest nation on earth, we are better than this Trump manufactured conflict. We should choose to rise above it. IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Omar is full of hate. It is so painfully obvious even MN democrats are looking at ways to get someone else into her district. AOC is a clueless buffoon who is desperately trying to be someone. Omar is the enemy within.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

What's the old saying, fight fire with fire? The high road could've been taken by both sides but here we are...
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Omar is full of hate. It is so painfully obvious even MN democrats are looking at ways to get someone else into her district. AOC is a clueless buffoon who is desperately trying to be someone. Omar is the enemy within.

She's she's she's Hitler!
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

You spoke the truth but guess what! Your a trump ball washing racist! Tow the line or the LR loonies will attack!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are playing right into Trump's hand. And they are oblivious.

If the economy wasn't enough to get him re-elected then these 4 nut jobs becoming the face of their party will most certainly push him over the top.

It's getting late early.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the great hopes of the Trump presidency was that the racists would stop hiding in the shadows. Good job you two! Thanks for showing us your cards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump is correct that the Squad's ideology doesn't align with American values..... they should retreat and fix their shit before complaining.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
ripple wrote:
chaparral wrote:

She's she's she's Hitler!

Well, she is clearly an anti-semite so she has that going for her. Trump should triple-down and tell her to move to England and join the Labour Party, he and Corbyn would be right at home.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
Trump is correct that the Squad's ideology doesn't align with American values..... they should retreat and fix their shit before complaining.

Would you say Trump's ideology aligns with American values?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean but neither do trumps, and he complains pretty much non stop.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
TriFortMill wrote:

Would you say Trump's ideology aligns with American values?

Which Americans and which values? If there is anything we have learned from Trump, it's that real Americans aren't really Americans and their values aren't valid. It's almost as if 300 million Americans can't have different values.

I think what TriFortMill and others that make that statement are really trying to say is the Squad's ideology doesn't align with what they think should be American's values. Would be nice for all sides to stop telling me what my values should be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious if The Squad is smart enough, and Pelosi willing enough to broker a peace between them to keep their fights behind the scenes and present a united front.

If I am Pelosi I am offering something up to help get them to keep it in the family and The Squad has to realize that freshmen Congress Critters don't get to step right into running things.

Trump has shown he is exceptionally vulnerable to provocation. He can't let anything go and will always dial it up to 11. Use that to your advantage instead of running scared from it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Squad has to realize that freshmen Congress Critters don't get to step right into running things.

Recently this has not been the case. members of the tea party/ freedom caucus were able to shut down the entire government.

This is something similar to what pelosi is dealing with now. The left wing realizing that they can control by holding out to get more.

I would say the GOP TP/FC is a little more aggressive than the current left wing. But this happens when the center on the other party refuses to budge. Pelosi cant negotiate with the 10-20 centrists GOP members, so you have to negotiate with the fringe on your side.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 16, 19 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Quote:
The Squad has to realize that freshmen Congress Critters don't get to step right into running things.

Recently this has not been the case. members of the tea party/ freedom caucus were able to shut down the entire government.

This is something similar to what pelosi is dealing with now. The left wing realizing that they can control by holding out to get more.

I would say the GOP TP/FC is a little more aggressive than the current left wing. But this happens when the center on the other party refuses to budge. Pelosi cant negotiate with the 10-20 centrists GOP members, so you have to negotiate with the fringe on your side.

I feel similarly. I've said a few times, this is the Democrats Tea Party moment. It skewed the GOP hard right, and I don't think it is healthy for either party. Once people figured out that the real benefit of gerrymandering is that you can get extreme candidates elected in safe districts it started getting out of hand. And if you get more extreme in a very safe district it ups your chances of winning the primary. It doesn't appear there is any limit to how extreme a candidate can be.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The "squad" press conference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
However, until the left members form some sort of caucus, which doesnt budge, I am not going to compare them to the TP / FC. (the CPC has like 100 members so it really isnt the same as the 30ish members of the TP) The tea party / FC members have also lost any credibility based on recent votes. It would be like in the future if AOC sides against climate change, low cost college legislation, etc,

But I completely agree. You gerrymand districts to be incredibly liberal/conservative. you are going to get people with ideological scores of .05 and .95. Then you cant complain that people in those districts are too partisan. They are a result of the beast.

This shows that the only 3 swing districts held by the gop in the house each voted to condem trump for his racist comments. If there were more swing districts more people willing to cross lines.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jul 16, 19 16:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:

Would you say trump's ideology aligns with American Values? It is not a hard question. Yes or No. Second time asked. ref65 asked earlier.

Hell he could have asked, "fix what shit?"

You do see that by placing the qualifier "american" values in your response, you infer that american values are espoused, are owned, or exist only as delineated by trump republicanism. I have values for america that are neither in line with the squad nor with trump and I would get real testy were someone to imply that since my american values don't align with trump's well that makes me less an american or less a patriot.

Maybe you could have said,

"The squad has values for america that do not align with Trump's values for america" and left the fixing their shit out of it. Isn't that a bit easier to swallow?
Quote Reply