Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waco 70.3 - Swim
Quote | Reply
Anyone with local knowledge know if the swim portion of the Waco 70.3 will be wetsuit approved?

I am new to triathlons and was going to buy a full length wetsuit but didn't want to if it was not going to be approved.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Waco 70.3 - Swim [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it was last year. Also heard there were alligators. Enjoy your swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Waco 70.3 - Swim [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those darn things are everywhere...
https://www.wthr.com/...lp-catch-alligator-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:
Anyone with local knowledge know if the swim portion of the Waco 70.3 will be wetsuit approved?

I am new to triathlons and was going to buy a full length wetsuit but didn't want to if it was not going to be approved.

Thanks.

Most likely, yes. The swim was cancelled last year though, so there's nothing to go by as far as historical races.

Please continue your swim workouts though. Even if it's a downriver wetsuit swim it's still 1.2 miles. There are people on the FB group packing in their swim training already and focusing on bike and run fitness because, I assume, they think they are just going to float downriver to T1 (I'm not saying you are doing this, just FYI)

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best guess is to look at the former Austin race, which was usually legal. The one year I raced it I did so in a short sleeved wetsuit. I was one of only a handful; most folks were in full sleeves.
Quote Reply