Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
dunno wrote:
I'm just waiting for the champion of equal rights Serena Williams to push for women to compete for 5 sets. Equal pay and all that should also come with equal effort...

I think Serena's size ends up becoming a disadvantage in the 5 set game. Then she has to fuel all that muscle with oxygen for a far longer time. I am actually surprised by her longevity. For example Halep is around 10 kilos lighter. That's a lot less mass to move around the court and accelerate and decelerate all day once you go to the 2.5-4 hour match length

Yep, I just think it's hilarious that she can be so vocal on equality yet is happy to get paid the same as the men for only doing a fraction of the work. But after all like you said she probably realises it would be to her detriment.
Are you just trying to be inflamatory or do you really think sportspeople are paid on the basis of effort?

Why are you being so sexist? I want equality for females and think they should play 5 sets. Women can compete a full Ironman but it seems tennis is one of the last bastions of true sexism demeaning women and their ability to endure.

That’s a different argument than saying that the women should be paid less because they don’t play as many sets.

LPGA still plays off the women’s tees, right???

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My post was addressing Dunno's comments, not yours.
I agree with your comments, that there's no obvious reason why women's matches shouldn't also be 5 sets. I also agree that changes to the duration of the match would likely favour some players and hurt others, with Serena perhaps being in the latter group. But I'm no expert on tennis....
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
dunno wrote:
I'm just waiting for the champion of equal rights Serena Williams to push for women to compete for 5 sets. Equal pay and all that should also come with equal effort...

I think Serena's size ends up becoming a disadvantage in the 5 set game. Then she has to fuel all that muscle with oxygen for a far longer time. I am actually surprised by her longevity. For example Halep is around 10 kilos lighter. That's a lot less mass to move around the court and accelerate and decelerate all day once you go to the 2.5-4 hour match length

Yep, I just think it's hilarious that she can be so vocal on equality yet is happy to get paid the same as the men for only doing a fraction of the work. But after all like you said she probably realises it would be to her detriment.

Are you just trying to be inflamatory or do you really think sportspeople are paid on the basis of effort?

Why are you being so sexist? I want equality for females and think they should play 5 sets. Women can compete a full Ironman but it seems tennis is one of the last bastions of true sexism demeaning women and their ability to endure.
So I was correct. You are just trying to be inflammatory.

It's very obvious that your reply intentionally misinterprets my post.
I did not say women shouldn't play 5 sets. I did not say there should be any difference at all. But you pretend that's implied and accuse me of being sexist.
Stop trolling. Have some integrity and address the actual point made or I've no further interest in this exchange.
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno apparently also thinks marathoners should be paid about 100x more than 100 meter sprinters. This ignores the fact that what really determines compensation is revenue generation and, as far as I know, the women in tennis draw just as many eyeballs as the men regardless of whether they play 5 sets or not.

But yeah, he's just a troll.
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Dunno apparently also thinks marathoners should be paid about 100x more than 100 meter sprinters. This ignores the fact that what really determines compensation is revenue generation and, as far as I know, the women in tennis draw just as many eyeballs as the men regardless of whether they play 5 sets or not.

But yeah, he's just a troll.

Oh, I forget that the women's marathon is 3/5 as long as the men's marathon...

And if you are going to base remuneration on eye balls the women's tennis allows for a fraction of advertising time in comparison to the men's.

By your rational you are just as happy to pay the same price for 1hour of entertainment as 4 hours.

No matter which way you look at it there is no good reason the women shouldn't be playing 5 sets.
Last edited by: dunno: Jul 15, 19 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We know the elapsed time of the event, but what is actual moving time? So many play stoppages, commercial breaks. It's as if someone on their watch show legit distance 7:30 140.6 triathlon, but then you look at elapsed time saying 24 hours..
Quote Reply
Re: This Wimbeldon Final is a Display of Crazy Endurance! [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
dunno wrote:

I did not say women shouldn't play 5 sets. I did not say there should be any difference at all. But you pretend that's implied and accuse me of being sexist.
Stop trolling. Have some integrity and address the actual point made or I've no further interest in this exchange.

So when you don't have a logical response you resort to the lowest dorm of debate-insult.

I'm all for equality and think anyone who wants to treat females differently are clearly sexist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
dunno wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
dunno wrote:

So when you don't have a logical response you resort to the lowest dorm of debate-insult.

I'm all for equality and think anyone who wants to treat females differently are clearly sexist.
Oh the irony!

Again trying to misinterpret posts and cause trouble. You don't believe what you've written yourself, and you're certainly fooling no-one else. My posts are pretty simple and there for all to see. You're trolling. It's not a resort to ad hominem, it's an accurate description of your current behaviour on this thread.
End of story.
Quote Reply

Prev Next