Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon in Boise, ID?
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I'm a recent college grad who is in love with triathlon, and can't imagine living my everyday life without it. I'm mainly into ironman, but enjoy an Olympic every now and again.

I'm looking for a place to relocate that can sustain my love for the sport with lots of training opportunities year round with a great community who lives and beaches the sport as much as I do. I have some friends who live in Boise who aren't triathletes, but would give me a good place to start.

Does anyone live there and have any info on the triathlon scene? Or, what places around the country are best for this kind of lifestyle? I have an electrical engineering degree, so I can move almost anywhere. Any help in finding my forever Basecamp is appreciated!

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in Boise, ID? [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll love Boise.
Contact Antonio or Dom at TriTown (https://www.tritownboise.com) . They are friendly, knowledgeable and overall awesome to work with. The shop organizes workouts and they have a great triathlon club. A few local pros who are very approachable also train in town.

The Boise foothills will give you infinite number of trails to run, mountain bike on. You can practice your OW swim in Quinn's pond which is located in town next to the Boise river or Lucky Peak Reservoir. In the winter, you can be nordic or alpine skiing within a 35 minutes drive from downtown.

Give it a try and you will never leave!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in Boise, ID? [Tri Wannabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was some discussion on Lance's podcast

is it "Boy-C" or "Boy-Z?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in Boise, ID? [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you live now?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in Boise, ID? [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjb3 wrote:
Where do you live now?

Right now I live in Northern Illinois, and training is pretty hard here since it's so populated. Roads are really busy + not in good condition, no OW swim opportunities, and flat.

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in Boise, ID? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
There was some discussion on Lance's podcast

is it "Boy-C" or "Boy-Z?"

“Boy-C”

Matt
Quote Reply