Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ...
Quote | Reply
Germaine de Randamie tagged Aspen Ladd. Ladd went down. But, she caught herself and immediately went to defend. But, in the meantime, Dean jumps in and grabs the Iron Lady before she can take another shot.

WTF? Good old Quick Trigger ends another fight early.

Unreal.

It's been a good amount of time since I have seen a bad stoppage. But, the last time, it was Herb Dean.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

JSA wrote:
Germaine de Randamie tagged Aspen Ladd. Ladd went down. But, she caught herself and immediately went to defend. But, in the meantime, Dean jumps in and grabs the Iron Lady before she can take another shot.

WTF? Good old Quick Trigger ends another fight early.

Unreal.

It's been a good amount of time since I have seen a bad stoppage. But, the last time, it was Herb Dean.

I'm not much of a fan but I did watch that. Really bad call IMO. Was totally premature.
Quote Reply
Re: Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well shit. Now video has surfaced regarding Aspen Ladd during her weigh in. Ladd was so shaky during her weigh in, she could barely stand. Then there is this:

It’s not often you see a fighter suspended from their own weight class, but Ladd visibly represented a dangerous side of combat sports when she showed up to weigh in looking like she could collapse at any moment after ridding her body of as much water as possible.
Before her fight against Germaine de Randamie in July, Ladd weighed in under the requisite 136 pounds for bantamweight, then showed up for the fight at 159 pounds. That 24-pound difference meant that Ladd had gained more than 17 percent of her body weight in a day.
If that doesn’t sound troubling enough, just look at Ladd’s state during her official weigh-in.

https://www.yahoo.com/...eight-002451951.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ... [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
I always thought they should have unannounced weight checks for like three consecutive months leading up to a fight and then average the three. Put a stop to weight cuts. Everyone would move up a weight class but whatever.

Agreed. Seems like a pretty simple solution.

Quote Reply
Re: Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's not the first fighter to dehydrate themselves and she won't be the last.
Quote Reply
Re: Herb "Quick Trigger" Dean does it again ... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
spudone wrote:
I always thought they should have unannounced weight checks for like three consecutive months leading up to a fight and then average the three. Put a stop to weight cuts. Everyone would move up a weight class but whatever.

Agreed. Seems like a pretty simple solution.

Or have them make weight for several consecutive days, or close to weight.

And unless they are ducking a really good fighter I think a lot of fighters would do better if they didn't try to drop an extra class by dehydration. It drains you so much. And with only a day or so to rehydrate it is hard to get back to 100%. In HS wrestling with weigh-ins sometimes only an hour or so before the match it was really tough.

Boxing went with a 10% weight gain rule for title fights. If you don't make the second weight can't win the title if challenger or automatically lose it if champion. But a 10% gain is still massive. I feel like shit on a 3 or 4% loss after a workout. 10% would leave me looking like that chick or worse. 15 I would be in the hospital, or worse.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply