Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift power delays
Quote | Reply
I have two questions I hope someone can help with...

1. I connect to Zwift via a MacBook Pro. It seems to always seems to take forever for the bluetooth to connect, then when it does it says "no signal." Does anyone else have this issue, if so, were you able to correct it? I have already tried resetting the computer and bluetooth, but still the same result.

2. I use instant power for my power reading, but there is always upwards to a 10 second delay in showing my wattage change. This becomes extremely frustrating when trying to do sprint segments, as I have to guess where 10 seconds ahead of the start line is so I have the higher wattage when I cross the start line. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on fixing the issue?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift power delays [Tryin_a_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use an ant stick, found zwift over blue tooth is a very unreliable. zwift is a very flaky app at the best of times blue tooth is very hit and miss with mac and zwift
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift power delays [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift power delays [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, and I would also suggest using a USB extension cord so the ANT+ dongle is close to whatever it is reading. I use a macbook pro with a 6' USB extension cord running to my ANT+ dongle, which is sitting on the floor just under my bottom bracket, no more than a foot or so from my cranks (4iiii precision). Absolutely zero outages and fast pickup.

The ANT+ dongle I use is a $14.00 one from amazon.com, so no need for anything fancy there.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift power delays [Tryin_a_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tryin_a_tri wrote:
I have two questions I hope someone can help with...

1. I connect to Zwift via a MacBook Pro. It seems to always seems to take forever for the bluetooth to connect, then when it does it says "no signal." Does anyone else have this issue, if so, were you able to correct it? I have already tried resetting the computer and bluetooth, but still the same result.

2. I use instant power for my power reading, but there is always upwards to a 10 second delay in showing my wattage change. This becomes extremely frustrating when trying to do sprint segments, as I have to guess where 10 seconds ahead of the start line is so I have the higher wattage when I cross the start line. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on fixing the issue?

Thanks.

I have found that my Quarq connected via Ant+ with an USB extension right under my bike gives near instant power. If i use the Kicker, no matter what i do there is always a 5 second delay. There is also discussion about your router frequency, proximity to router, basement etc that can be worth exploring.
Quote Reply