Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you read "This Way to the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen"? If you appreciate Holocaust work, it's a must read, in my opinion. Primo Levi's "Survival In Auschwitz" is also phenomenal, but "This Way..." held something more gripping for me.

len wrote:
Holocaust Literature Queens Bench 7 by Leon Uris
Last edited by: MidwestRoadie: Jul 14, 19 18:21
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Tattooist of the Auschwitz" is also an excellent read.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Spy fiction - The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John le Carre

Yes, or really anything by LeCarre.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vietnam books: Matterhorn. by Karl Marlantes
War on Terror books: The 9/11 Wars by Jason Burke
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love autobiography's....reading Andre Agassi book "Open". Its really good, sometime hard to read because of his story. Half way through it.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graphic novels: Watchmen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
History: American Moonshot: John F Kennedy and the Great Space Race

I honestly only got halfway through it till I had to return it to the library as I didn't get to finish it in time.

I picked up from this thread's recommendations:

Finance: When Genius Failed

Kingdom of Ice
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This way to the gas. That is a chilling title. I will have to make a trip to the library.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fiction: The Art of the Deal

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a book from a genre that you think should be read [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The best.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sci-Fi ( I do not read sci-fi but my wife insisted I read this one): The Arc of the Scythe by Neal Shusterman. "Scythe" is the first one, "Thunderhead" is the second and the third "The Toll" is coming in November. Excellent reading.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily hidden gems...

History / War - The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956 Abridged, Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn (keep in mind this "shortened" series is still like 540 pages)
Sports - It's Not About the Bike, Lance Armstrong (I kid, I kid!)
Fiction - The Godfather, Mario Puzo

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply

Prev Next