Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can we all agree that Barry is a menace? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TriDave wrote:
Mmm Memphis bbq sounds good (not quite as good as Texas but still great.) I'll keep that route in mind.

Let's agree to disagree. I'll take Memphis, Carolina, KC, St. Louis, Chicago, Alabama and any and all other pork BBQ over Texas

look mister its one thing if you want to run around naked in the streets, its another if you want to do it in my living room.

I am going to take these one by one:

Memphis. I love pulled pork and pork should er in general. But it isn't BBQ. It is smoked pulled pork. Which is maybe the 3rd best way to cook pulled pork. In memphis you can get pulled BBQ pork in a salad. The words Bar-B-Q and salad go together like this: I am having BBQ so I won't be needing a salad.

Carolina: The only difference between Carolina and Memphis is the thin vinegar sauce (unless you go for a whole hog experience). I like beer. Unless I just had vinegar because vinegar makes everything taste like shit. SO Carolina BBQ is served with Grape and Orange Soda. My 8 year old approves.

KC BBQ isn't a thing. The first KC BBQ restaurant came from a failed Memphis restaurateur. Look it up for yourself.

Alabama BBQ comes with a salty creamy white sauce. I can see why you would like that.

St Louis BBQ: grilled without seasoning then over-sauced. Basically St Louis BBQ was invented when someone forgot to season the pork before they grilled it.

Chicago BBQ: is this even a thing? Let me guess, over-salted but otherwise bland.

Texas BBQ: Smoke, Salt, Pepper and patience. No hiding mistakes with sauces. Wash it down with beer. Perfect.
Quote Reply

Prev Next