Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Starting Knowing You Will DNF [newtryguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newtryguy101 wrote:
So I've been training for my third triathlon and unfortunately I've run into some Achilles issues. It all started when the elevator @ work broke and I had to walk down 30 flights of stairs. The pain and tenderness didn't even come from training/running - annoying to say the least.

I have an olympic distance tri coming up in 10 days and my achilles is still a bit sore and tender. I haven't been running on it, just biking and swimming. I saw a doctor and he said if I feel good I should do the complete race. That being said I know how sensitive achilles issues can be and I'm thinking since I can't get a refund (only 50% off next year's race) that worst case I will just do the swim and the bike. This sounds easy, but I feel like it may be soul crushing to be out there and not actually finish the race. I'm more of a newb, so wanted to see what everyone's experience was with an injury leading up to a race. Should I just cancel or is it worth it to start the race knowing you won't be able to finish the third leg?

Would love any thoughts / suggestions. Thanks!

My advice do the S and B and don't bring your running shoes to T2. I had to do this due to a stress fracture in my foot several years ago. I was glad I did what I could.
Quote Reply

Prev Next