Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend a good tubeless training tire
Quote | Reply
I need a good 700/25 tubeless tire for every day use. Doesn’t need to be a super fast racing tire, but also don’t want something that will slow me down on group rides. What do you like?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRC Roadlite
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you use now? I've only had issues with the Hutchinson Galactic 11Storm tire, the wear rate sucked big time. TL good masks when you've worn the tire down to the casing. Schwalbe Pro One, rode rough and didn't like to seal. Trying GP5Ks now. I don't see a reason to get anything more durable as I get about 2500 miles out of a Pro One or GP5K. I replace them more for preventative maintenance or have too many wounds than overall wear.
Can you run a 28c on the rear of your bike? Fatter, low pressures keep flats to a min and there's more tire to wear. I've got a set of 30c Schwalbe G-One Speed (light tread) on my gravel bike for road rides. It rolls about the same as well as the Pro Ones and the tread gives road junk an escape route on wet days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRC X- Guard. Bead to bead protection, almost bead to bead tread. I'm just replacing by first rear X-Guard, 28C. Full tubeless, jot just TLR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I e been on a bontrager R3 24mm for a year. It’s been great. Bitch it get on their pro5 wheel tho

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goodyear Eagle.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [jfranci3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jfranci3 wrote:
What do you use now? I've only had issues with the Hutchinson Galactic 11Storm tire, the wear rate sucked big time. TL good masks when you've worn the tire down to the casing. Schwalbe Pro One, rode rough and didn't like to seal. Trying GP5Ks now. I don't see a reason to get anything more durable as I get about 2500 miles out of a Pro One or GP5K. I replace them more for preventative maintenance or have too many wounds than overall wear.
Can you run a 28c on the rear of your bike? Fatter, low pressures keep flats to a min and there's more tire to wear. I've got a set of 30c Schwalbe G-One Speed (light tread) on my gravel bike for road rides. It rolls about the same as well as the Pro Ones and the tread gives road junk an escape route on wet days.

Interesting. I've had the exact opposite experience with the Pro One. Though I use a 28 on my winter bike. I've used it from everything from gravel to road and it's always seemed supple, grippy, and durable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm rolling on Schwalbe Pro One on my road bike... great tires IMO with zero issues. I may try 5000 TLs when I change them next, but as they say, if it isn't broke don't fix it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schwalbe Pro One here also. Great tire with zero issues. Easy to set up and holds air just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't exist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you want the tubeless GP5000. The Conti tires are pretty much the Goldilocks combo of durability, puncture resistance, good corning grip, low-ish Crr and good aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
I need a good 700/25 tubeless tire for every day use. Doesn’t need to be a super fast racing tire, but also don’t want something that will slow me down on group rides. What do you like?

Spesh Roubaix

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GP4000SII was the all-around champ clincher tire

For those who made the switch to tubeless during the last few years, the Pro One was the all-around champ tubeless tire (unless you ride in the wet)

Now, the GP5000TL has taken the tubeless crown from the Pro One - better rolling resistance, durability seems comparable, and likely better on wet roads

Long? live the new king (of tubeless)

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of the Giant Gavia AC1 TLC which no one ever seems to talk about. Relatively inexpensive, very durable, good tubeless seal, very nice ride, lots of grip in corners. Great tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
I'm a big fan of the Giant Gavia AC1 TLC which no one ever seems to talk about. Relatively inexpensive, very durable, good tubeless seal, very nice ride, lots of grip in corners. Great tires.

I'm not aware of any rolling resistance data for this tire. A big reason the GP5000TL is the new king is that it tested to within 0.6W watts of the all time fastest Corsa Speed, and even when the new G+ 2.0 Corsa Speed was tested, it was only 1.3W behind. That's pretty amazing for an "all-around" tire. In fact, I think for many racers there is just no reason to take the extra risk running a Corsa Speed when the GP5000TL is so close (and a much safer choice).

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a good tubeless training tire [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
hiro11 wrote:

I'm not aware of any rolling resistance data for this tire. A big reason the GP5000TL is the new king is that it tested to within 0.6W watts of the all time fastest Corsa Speed, and even when the new G+ 2.0 Corsa Speed was tested, it was only 1.3W behind. That's pretty amazing for an "all-around" tire. In fact, I think for many racers there is just no reason to take the extra risk running a Corsa Speed when the GP5000TL is so close (and a much safer choice).
Interesting. Regardless, I personally don't care about a few watts of rolling resistance in a training tire. Also, I personally had repeated sidewall cuts on the GP4000 that soured me on Continental overall. Perhaps the GP5000 is a bit more reliable, I'm not going to find out.
Quote Reply