Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my bike fit
Quote | Reply
I’ve been trying to tweak my position, but I suspect I’ve gotten all I can out of the current setup. I want to get more aggressive, but my setup is currently tapped. Looking to the community for recommendations.

I currently ride a B2 Felt 2008 650 wheels and am 5’7”. I suspect it’s slightly undersized, that coupled with limited adjustments makes me suspect I’m not getting more out of this bike. I’ve been hesitant to get a new bike, but am seriously considering upgrading this fall. Any recommendations.

Images below are from CDA 70.3 where I rode 2:28 on 240W.

Last edited by: chrsc13981: Jul 9, 19 21:34
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [chrsc13981] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it looks pretty good, except for you head. Had your head been lower I think you could have gotten a way more out of 240w. Have you tried to push your cheeks down towards your hands?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think indeed your on a bike that's a size too small, but if you could possibly slide your pads forward about 10-20mm and drop them lower (you seem to have quite a bit of spacers under the bars although the picture isn't very clear), that would stretch you out a bit more and probably lowers your head a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your bike is too small

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pads are as low as they’ll go with the longest available stem. I’ve even tried removing the cushioning to get drop an extra centimeter. Sounds as if I’ve squeezed all in an get out of this bike. Time to start looking at better fitting options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrsc13981 wrote:
The pads are as low as they’ll go with the longest available stem. I’ve even tried removing the cushioning to get drop an extra centimeter. Sounds as if I’ve squeezed all in an get out of this bike. Time to start looking at better fitting options.

Really? It's almost impossible to tell from your photos, but it doesn't look anywhere near as low as it could be. And there are plenty of very long and very steep stems available... (look at the trials bike community)

Can you post a better picture of the bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't figure out how to rotate the images

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok in the pictures it looked like you had 40-50mm of spacers but that's the headtube apparently lol.
Maybe a negative angled stem can get you a bit lower. Are the pads/extensions in the most forward position? It'll never be ideal since you're just on a bike that's too small but you can maybe make it work..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah gotcha. Funky stem you've got there.

If it can't rotate any lower then are you open to a different bar setup? e.g. a Profile Subsonic would get you about 20mm lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This.
You are going to get nowhere on this frame.
Sell it, get a larger one and come back.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe it's easier to go with something like the subsonic bracket?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
This.
You are going to get nowhere on this frame.
Sell it, get a larger one and come back.
Yeah but eric says that about everyone. I'm not sure how a larger bike will help him get lower. And he doesn't look overly far forward at the elbow position that makes me think a longer frame would help (but that's based on a tiny static photo admittedly).
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Yeah but eric says that about everyone.

because it's true

Quote:

I'm not sure how a larger bike will help him get lower. And he doesn't look overly far forward at the elbow position that makes me think a longer frame would help (but that's based on a tiny static photo admittedly).

this bike is shite. A real 700cc bike, that is longer and without that massive head tube will help him get more comfortable and aerodynamic.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like there's room to slide the extensions forward. If you can't move the pads forward, then look at the new style longer armcups.

A different aerobar can get you about 1-2cm lower, but you'll need a whole new base bar, unless PD makes an undermount bracket for your current bar.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
A real 700cc bike,.....

Honda or Suzuki?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe I have the same stem setup on my DA. You should be able to rotate the stem down further. Mine is rotated so the stem is actually angled downwards and then I just rotate the aerobars up so they flatten out. I think you should be able to do the same.
Quote Reply