Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting into Challenge Roth
Quote | Reply
Anyone here have any advice for getting into Challenge Roth? I can't seem to find the actual registration site on line - presume the site goes live at 0400 EDT on the 15th of July. I see previous races have sold out in under 20 seconds. Any hints? Advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Getting into Challenge Roth [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two things I can offer.

1: make sure you have the correct time that registration opens... I was a hour off a couple years ago.

2: make sure when you keep hitting refresh on your browser that you are on the “non German resident” or something along those lines... otherwise the site won’t work for you... I found this out the hard way too.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Getting into Challenge Roth [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what is the correct link url for the international 2020 Roth pre-registration for Monday July/15? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Getting into Challenge Roth [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that page is live yet. Details here...
https://www.challenge-roth.com/application.html

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I'd say is 'good luck'

Half a dozen of us tried to enter a couple of years back.
All had data pre- entered, the non-german drop down selected etc.
Refreshing each couple of secs.
NONE of us got in.
In the time the electrons got to Germany and back it sold out.

No sure how many slots are really available either- they allow existing racers (2019 racers) to reg today in person - up to 1000 slots. And last year they were over subscribed on that.

Also many 'guaranteed' slots reserved for people when they book with the official travel Co for say 4 or 5 nights accom.
Same if signing up on an official training camp holiday.
(Effectively buying your way in).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you know someone doing the race next year, they can enter for you the morning after. They have 1000 slots. I got in twice that way. One year they did not even give out all slots, not sure that is usual. I got there at 4:00 am to get in front of the line. Ofcourse, this will get you into the race in 2021. Next year you just have to be super fast to register online. Don't use the drop down and use a country on the first page, create a short email address, ever second counts. Good luck, it is an awesome race.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting into Challenge Roth [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, so this is the link I need to keep refreshing on Monday July/15 4am EST https://www.challenge-roth.com/application.html ?
No way to get the actual pre-registration link in advanced?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Getting into Challenge Roth [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in via the December opening. Nothing pre entered, I just clicked the button a millisecond after 7pm (my time), and got the slot. I followed the clock on my PC, I presume it must have been dead on German time.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: Got in!!! Now I gotta figure out where to stay and how to get there. Good problems to have!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! I stayed in Freystadt - Hotel Pietsch (lived in Germany at the time, so had a car at my disposal). But most of the accommodation is going to be a trip to the various venues.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:
Update: Got in!!! Now I gotta figure out where to stay and how to get there. Good problems to have!!

Awesome! You are going to love it. It's an amazing experience.

I have been there three times now (my wife raced twice, and I just raced it last weekend). And we are going back next year (wife is racing again)... We stayed in Nuremberg each time, and rented a car for the week to get back and forth to Roth. It's about a 25 minute drive to both the expo/finish area and the swim start (different locations but not too far apart). Staying in Nuremberg gives you plenty of touristing options for museums, restaurants and general wandering around.

There is absolutely nothing like Solar Hill... Nothing... It's incredible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:

Congratulations, me as well, very exciting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:

I believe it was Jorgan who told me on a UK Tri Forum. But I'll re-iterate it.

Book HOTEL NOW! Not tomorrow, NOW! Roth is a small town, there are very few hotels at the best of times.

I stayed in Nuremberg too. Novotel MesseZentrum. So as above it's a short-ish, easy drive to the Expo and also not too far further to Hilpolstein for Swim Start/ T1 There was a handful of other Roth athletes there.

Random points I can remember

1) What I will say is that a rental car is required IMO. Moving between the sites, these no courtesy shuttle and I have no idea on any public transport due to road closures. The trainline between Hilpolstein and Roth wasn't available. I believe its now disused! But that might have been a temporary closure or just a "no sunday" thing
2) The bike shop in Hilpolstein (RadSport) is cheaper than the Expo for consumables. I got Co2 from them as you cant fly with them.
Last edited by: Race1: Jul 15, 19 14:04
Quote Reply