Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP Bike course slower?
Quote | Reply
Times were quite slower on the bike for the 2018 edition compared to 2017 (+/- 25 min. slower for the top men in my AG). Is it due to the «newer» bike course or to the the wind/weather conditions ?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by DDMike [ In reply to ]
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [DDMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Placid?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DDMike wrote:
Due to Hurricane Michael the entire race was moved to a different location, Haines City. Totally different course and elevation. It was a miracle they even pulled off the race last year, very special circumstances. Search forum, there’s a huge thead about last year. In 2019 it’s returning to PCB and previous course.

Dude, IMLP...not IMFL... only change on the course was the out and back down Hazelton Rd instead of Ausable Forks. There was a out and back at Whiteface mountain as well but both those changes would not account for a major time change...maybe 5 min.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. My bad :-) guess need my glasses for reading forum on phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year was very bad weather, even with some hail in the mix I believe. I’d imagine this is a cause for slower times.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
Times were quite slower on the bike for the 2018 edition compared to 2017 (+/- 25 min. slower for the top men in my AG). Is it due to the «newer» bike course or to the the wind/weather conditions ?

I did both. Newer course is marginally slower (5' max)
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
Hoodoo wrote:

I did both. Newer course is marginally slower (5' max)
Sam

I think it may be closer to 3-5’ per lap than total, but I’ll say it’s a max of 10’ total, so we’re in the same general range.
Call it 5-10’ then in total.

You replace a nearly dead flat continuation of the I AM AN AERO GOD!!! section from Keene to Upper Jay and then all the way out to Ausable Forks and back -
with a somewhat punchy out-and-back on Haselton Rd.

The hill near the end of the back, coming up from the bridge, sucks more than any of the named climbs (Cherries and Bears) in my book.
My name for it is That Fucking Hill. 🤪

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the out-and-back on Hasselton way more than the part to Ausable forks. Way better pavement and more scenic as well. It is a bit more rolling but that reduces drafting which was sometimes an issue on the previous out-and-back.
IMLP bike course is one of my overall favorites!
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the out-and-back on Hasselton way more than the part to Ausable forks.
---

All beauty aside, I thought that the Hasselton out-and-back to be a logistic nightmare on race day. With 2 lanes of bike traffic and the motos, there were lots of near misses that didn't happen on Ausable.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 10 minutes slower 18 vs 17. I would say 5 minutes of that was my own doing as I got pretty cold on the 2nd loop Keene descent and had some trouble getting lose after that.

I would agree with a 5-10 slower rating. The weather last year didn’t help. Plus that whiteface section was awful! Apparently that’s gone for this edition.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Bike course slower? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I liked the out-and-back on Hasselton way more than the part to Ausable forks.
---

All beauty aside, I thought that the Hasselton out-and-back to be a logistic nightmare on race day. With 2 lanes of bike traffic and the motos, there were lots of near misses that didn't happen on Ausable.

That is true. It was quite a sharp right turn to get on that part. The old course was probably better from safety point of view but the sharp turn was well marked.
Sam
Quote Reply