Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr 2017 edition
Quote | Reply
I need to make the move to a smart trainer. The Kickr 2017 edition is on sale for $799.

Is this a straight forward “yes” or is there a better idea?

Also, I’m sure I would do Zwift in the future but I’m curious about the Wahoo ap: Does it just record your work or can it guide your work (like setting a treadmill on a hill workout and it adjusts the challenge for you)? Can you select workouts on the ap, set levels, duration, etc.?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr 2017 edition [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is solidly in the no-brainer category. I just made the move from a 2015 KICKR to a Tacx Neo 2. I do not think that the Neo is worth its price premium. It has some nice features, but so does the KICKR at a much lower price point. At the end of the day, I think I liked my old KICKR more than the Neo 2.

Edit: I never used my Wahoo app, but I think it has some basic workouts that drive you in ERG mode and let you manually control resistance. And yes, I think it records the workouts for you so you can analyze them later and feed them to Strava.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jul 6, 19 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr 2017 edition [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went for the Kickr core instead. It’s essentially the 2017 Kickr but silent. If you wait for the 20% from Clever Training you can get it for $720.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr 2017 edition [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGildenstern wrote:
It’s essentially the 2017 Kickr but silent.
I have seen DCR and GPLama write this. But, it does deserve a little asterisk. The KICKR frame is way better than the CORE with the handy handle. And, the CORE does not come with a cassette, which raises its net price about $60 if you do not have a spare cassette on hand. The CORE specs are slightly below the big KICKR in terms of max grade and resistance, but that is probably a non-event for most people. Though, if noise level is a factor, then the CORE is the choice.
Quote Reply