Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hack to let go of handlebars
Quote | Reply
I bought some rollers last fall and used my tribike on them a bit in the early winter season. Wasn't comfortable riding in the aerobars and with a Kickr for a trainer I got too lazy to take the wheel on and off all the time so eventually I kept the bike on my Kickr. A few days ago I dusted off my road bike and yesterday I tried it on the rollers. WAY easier than the tribike! After 10 min or so I got cocky and wanted to let go of the handle bars. One hand was ok (which I found difficult on my tri bike). Then I tried to take a sip from my bottle. Still ok. Tried to look to the side and that worked too but I didn't dare to let go with both my hands. I would like to learn that before winter arrives so does anyone have a progression ladder or a hack that would make the journey to no hands a bit easier? It is mostly to be able to vary my position (i.e., stretch out my back) from time to time.

And a little bit to showboat while snap chatting my friends
Quote Reply
Re: Hack to let go of handlebars [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
easy way to learn to ride rollers no hands
put the rollers in a door frame and line it up so that your shoulders are slightly behind the door. Set the bike up and start pedaling, then reach up and grab the top of the door frame. (or if it's narrow enough the sides will work too)
Start by just letting your hands hover off your supports. Riding no hands on rollers is actually probably easier than doing it on the road, just keep a steady cadence and let your core keep you straight.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set up in a door frame or, what I did, beside a wall; and just keep working at it. In time you’ll get it. Really, it only takes time.

Mark E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hack to let go of handlebars [mark.ewers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the video and for the tips. Will try to learn it, but I will probably skip the jump off :p
Quote Reply