Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ETAP Firmware Update?
Quote | Reply
I tried my best googling and two links from SRAM are either broken or take you to AXS Eagle.

Has there been any firmware updates? I thought I heard there was one around the time AXS was announced.

After listening to GP and DC’s podcast about the garmin GPS update thing I thought I’d go thru and check batteries and updates across all my stuff. Asking here about ETAP because I couldn’t confirm on my own.

And while the QUARQ process is super satisfying the Etap stuff drives me nuts. I bought my ETAP from a shop that closed and then one in CA. I do all my own work. I don’t have a “bike shop that I bought it from” that I can (or want) to take it to.
Quote Reply
Re: ETAP Firmware Update? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we talking about the original ETAP here or the new AXS? I have this stupid Dongle flying around somewhere to update the original one, but never did that. On the new AXS that I installed last week, there was a software update for both the rear derailleur and the powermeter available via the app, I just clicked update in both cases and it did exactly what it was supposed to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eTap - Never a firmware update.

AXS - There have been firmware updates, the app takes care of it quite well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you're an original eTap owner... if so your USB dongle is apparently a useless accessory... zero updates, nada, zilch, nothing. I'm a first gen eTap'er on both my road and TT bike. A bit bummed about the lack of any sort of use for the USB... no updates, no tuning, useless accessory.

SRAM has moved onto AXS at this point, which from what I hear has updates and updates easily via the app.
Quote Reply
Re: ETAP Firmware Update? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I'm guessing you're an original eTap owner... if so your USB dongle is apparently a useless accessory... zero updates, nada, zilch, nothing. I'm a first gen eTap'er on both my road and TT bike. A bit bummed about the lack of any sort of use for the USB... no updates, no tuning, useless accessory.

You want there to be bugs in the software so you can then fix them? :) SRAM just can't win!
Last edited by: trail: Jul 5, 19 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: ETAP Firmware Update? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
xeon wrote:

You want there to be bugs in the software so you can then fix them? :) SRAM just can't win!
I don't want bugs... feature updates would be nice... like being able to trim via an app vs. holding the function button and tapping a blip for micro-adjustments. It's not like I have to do all the time, but changing wheels, etc. I do.

That and other feature updates would be value added... but not happening.
Quote Reply
Re: ETAP Firmware Update? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I don't want bugs... feature updates would be nice... like being able to trim via an app vs. holding the function button and tapping a blip for micro-adjustments. It's not like I have to do all the time, but changing wheels, etc. I do.

There'll never be an app with 1st gen eTap because there's no Bluetooth. There's ANT+, but few phones have ANT+.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
xeon wrote:

There'll never be an app with 1st gen eTap because there's no Bluetooth. There's ANT+, but few phones have ANT+.
Understand that... I'd have settled for something PC based.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it - no updates for the original. I’ll make sure to make a present of the dongle to my son. At least then it’ll be of some value and being only 3 I’m sure he’ll like it. He liked the flat tube I gave him last week.

But I was just asking to confirm. I have nothing that I would need or want. I actually do appreciate that they never needed it.
Quote Reply