Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the prep is done. 3 days of 15 push-ups.
Let's see how far I get.
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
Let's see how far I get.

I understand that's a thing adolescents do, but why?

Search Results | Guinness World Records

The most push ups completed in 24 hours was 46,001 by Charles Servizio (USA) in Fontana, California,…

Does it make you a better athlete, a better human, or just better at push-ups (which are per se as useless as being able to lift a car)?
Last edited by: windschatten: Dec 30, 20 21:26
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it consecutive pushups, or push-ups within a time frame, such as one hour?

I suspect 365 consecutive push-ups may be difficult for most to achieve by the end of the year, but that many could get to that number within an hour. For either, I suspect people could reach the goal faster by some method other than simply adding one more each day.

I’d recommend starting with 3 sets of 5 and then increasing that gradually, perhaps by 1 each day, to 3 to 5 sets of 20. At that point, I’d recommend 3 to 5 sets to failure every other day (or 3 days per week) and see how failure increases.
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
Let's see how far I get.

The most push ups completed in 24 hours was 46,001 by Charles Servizio (USA) in Fontana, California,…

Does it make you a better athlete, a better human, or just better at push-ups (which are per se as useless as being able to lift a car)?

It’s for fun. Remember fun?
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
windschatten wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
Let's see how far I get.

It’s for fun. Remember fun?

Yep Fun!

I know everyone has been dying for an update. I am still in the game on day 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still going - 41 this morning but it's getting very tough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maxed out at 79. Only got to 72 this morning. I thought I would do 80, but it was not to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressed!

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats a lot of pushups, good job seeing what is possible for you.

How did the push up experiment affect your upper body in terms of muscle tone etc. Where you quite fit before hand or maybe a bit overweight. I am curious. I can't get to a pool anymore and my upper body feels like trash. Been contemplating a push up and sit up routine with maybe some floor exercises also.
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravelingTri wrote:
Thats a lot of pushups, good job seeing what is possible for you.

How did the push up experiment affect your upper body in terms of muscle tone etc. Where you quite fit before hand or maybe a bit overweight. I am curious. I can't get to a pool anymore and my upper body feels like trash. Been contemplating a push up and sit up routine with maybe some floor exercises also.

Hi - my shape has started changing. I have been riding consistently over the past 12 months, but it's only recently that I've started developing tone (abs, arms) that I hadn't seen for years. I'm going to keep them up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
Maxed out at 79. Only got to 72 this morning. I thought I would do 80, but it was not to be.

Are you doing one set to failure, or multiple reps of a lower number each day on top of your one set to failure?

I never really did the one more per day, but did make a concentrated effort to get back into regular push ups following an injury I recounted earlier in the thread.

I’ve pretty much settled into sets of 40 and around 200 total per day. Not pre-I Judy levels but a vast improvement over where I started.
Quote Reply
Re: If you did 1 pushup on Jan 1st & increased by one per day.... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

Are you doing one set to failure, or multiple reps of a lower number each day on top of your one set to failure?

I never really did the one more per day, but did make a concentrated effort to get back into regular push ups following an injury I recounted earlier in the thread.

I’ve pretty much settled into sets of 40 and around 200 total per day. Not pre-I Judy levels but a vast improvement over where I started.

After ~30 or so, it was one set to failure, as I was saving myself for the next day :)

After I posted last night, I ended up getting down and somehow did the 80, but because I failed in the morning, I have dropped out of the challenge. I did 20 this morning, and am probably going to do what you have been doing, as I am feeling much better for doing them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
December 31st.
Quote Reply

Prev Next