Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [triprem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:
I am using Vittoria Corsa Speed 2.0 23mm at the front. Rear is disc with 25mm Corsa. So the question is mostly about front.

That is what we’d recommend with the TITAN so would be a good match. Whichever wheels you end up with I’m sure you’ll be super speedy :)

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume AeroCoach is still doing Powertap hubs in the disc wheels. One thing I always wondered about those was what the savings of using the PT disc with a good aero crank like the Metron would be over running the regular disc with something like a Shimano crank. Is that something you looked at and are the PT options still available ?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I assume AeroCoach is still doing Powertap hubs in the disc wheels. One thing I always wondered about those was what the savings of using the PT disc with a good aero crank like the Metron would be over running the regular disc with something like a Shimano crank. Is that something you looked at and are the PT options still available ?

It’s a good question - actually that’s exactly what I’ve done on my pursuit bike (Miche Primato Air aero cranks plus an AEOX track disc with a track Powertap hub) as it’s more aero than power based cranks plus an AEOX disc. A lot is going to depend what cranks you’re using - those Miche have very low Q Factor which is the majority of the improvement really. We’ve done Miche vs Tiagra on a TT bike before but that was including a front mech and inner chainring removal as well (it was 9w faster in total).

We can do PT hubs as a special build, you just need to email the site. Too many options and potential customisations for a drop down list of spoke count, type, hub model etc!

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could create some basic training wheels that match the width of the disc, Zephyr/Titan..? They wouldn't need to be 'aero' just strong and reliable. (And not too expensive) constantly changing brake pads from alloy to carbon is a massive PITA....and I wouldn't want to train on race tyres - especially tubeless ones.

At the moment I have your alloy rimmed wheels which are great, and easy to swap with training wheels, but I'd buy the new ones tomorrow if I could get some reasonable carbon every day wheels at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKathlete wrote:
Any chance you could create some basic training wheels that match the width of the disc, Zephyr/Titan..? They wouldn't need to be 'aero' just strong and reliable. (And not too expensive) constantly changing brake pads from alloy to carbon is a massive PITA....and I wouldn't want to train on race tyres - especially tubeless ones.

At the moment I have your alloy rimmed wheels which are great, and easy to swap with training wheels, but I'd buy the new ones tomorrow if I could get some reasonable carbon every day wheels at the same time.

Understood - and yes we can do a rear wheel/front wheel combo using the rear rim, which would require a slight amount of opening up of the brake caliper when you put a ZEPHYR/TITAN in the front (couple of mm) but you can leave the rear one alone and use the same brake pads for both. If you email the website and reference this conversation the guys can sort out a quote for you :)

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
UKathlete wrote:

Understood - and yes we can do a rear wheel/front wheel combo using the rear rim, which would require a slight amount of opening up of the brake caliper when you put a ZEPHYR/TITAN in the front (couple of mm) but you can leave the rear one alone and use the same brake pads for both. If you email the website and reference this conversation the guys can sort out a quote for you :)

Awesome...thanks. I'll be in touch very soon..!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Thanks - is it safe to assume the calculators err on the conservative side, so for super smooth roads there could be a small benefit in running at ~5PSI higher?

Have already put my Zephyr order in, partly as I have to deal with some crosswinds that get pretty strong and partly because I'm not convinced yet by tubeless and if I want to run clinchers with latex then the Zephyr is more forgiving of slightly different tire shapes and sizes? Where the Titan is very much optimised around the Victoria 23C tubeless?

Thanks for the order! Yes the ZEPHYR is pretty impervious to tyre width changes, but the TITAN is a 23mm Corsa Speed only wheel. If you’re running GP5000 25mm then the ZEPHYR is actually faster than the TITAN and so would be the better choice.

I think Filippo Ganna has been rocking a GP TT in the Giro time trial - is a 23mm GP TT/GP5000 with a Titan faster than the same tyre on a Zephyr (also - would the answer be different for front and rear? )? Or may he had a Corsa Speed whitelabelled as a Conti tyre?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
Xavier wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Thanks - is it safe to assume the calculators err on the conservative side, so for super smooth roads there could be a small benefit in running at ~5PSI higher?

Have already put my Zephyr order in, partly as I have to deal with some crosswinds that get pretty strong and partly because I'm not convinced yet by tubeless and if I want to run clinchers with latex then the Zephyr is more forgiving of slightly different tire shapes and sizes? Where the Titan is very much optimised around the Victoria 23C tubeless?

Thanks for the order! Yes the ZEPHYR is pretty impervious to tyre width changes, but the TITAN is a 23mm Corsa Speed only wheel. If you’re running GP5000 25mm then the ZEPHYR is actually faster than the TITAN and so would be the better choice.

I think Filippo Ganna has been rocking a GP TT in the Giro time trial - is a 23mm GP TT/GP5000 with a Titan faster than the same tyre on a Zephyr (also - would the answer be different for front and rear? )? Or may he had a Corsa Speed whitelabelled as a Conti tyre?
I'm pretty sure he has some limited edition pro only GP TT tires. They seem to be labeled as GPTTs but with the tread pattern of GP4000s. Likely the rolling resistance of the TT with the aero of the 4000s. Unfortunately not for sale to the general public it seems.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently placed an order for a Zephyr front/Aeox Disc combo for my P-Series. I haven't ridden anything larger than 60mm in the front, and have also never ridden a rear disc. Looks like delivery is more than a few weeks out, but I'm looking forward to receiving the wheels and trying them out.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Recently placed an order for a Zephyr front/Aeox Disc combo for my P-Series. I haven't ridden anything larger than 60mm in the front, and have also never ridden a rear disc. Looks like delivery is more than a few weeks out, but I'm looking forward to receiving the wheels and trying them out.

I got a Zephyr front / Titan rear and they look sweet - was hoping to use them for Cozumel 2020, but got stopped by lockdown restrictions. Disc will be added next year hopefully. Not too keen though on Corsa Speeds for long course.

Coming from Flo 60/Disc and that was a major improvement over Hed 3s in sidewinds.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good to know. I also went with 25c GP5K's and latex tubes, I've had good luck with that combo on my road and tri bike. No need to experiment with something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting an old thread here but chanced across this after nearly a week of wheel research at work.

Tempted by an Aeox front and rear as an upgrade to the relatively basic Reynolds AR58 on my QRPR Six.

Most of the races I do are of the full distance extreme variety and I’m wondering about a few things.

1) how do these wheels perform on technical routes, often on poorer road surfaces (think North Yorkshire, Fred Whitton etc)
2) are they suitable for training too, not depths of winter, but I won’t save them for “best”.
3) how is climbing performance, generally speaking, do they “feel” their weight. Again, the races I do often feature 2000m + climbing over 180km

Also, final cheeky question. The new CES, Scribe, Parcours wheels look like genuine rivals at a better price. Any idea of the benefits of the aeox over these wheels!

Thanks in advance, hopefully
Last edited by: ianmo80: May 20, 22 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got the vittoria Corsa speed 2.0 tubeless on the wheels ?

The continental 5000 tl are easy to get tubeless but the corsa I can’t get tubeless air keeps escaping. It won’t seat into the rim

Tried a compressor, seating lube, bought a bontrager flash charger pump.

Anyone some tips

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience with the ease of the GP5000 being mounted and the initial difficulty of mounting the CS2.0 mirrors yours. Eventually I realized an extra layer of rim tap was all that was needed. From their my normal mounting routine went fine (I did use a compressor)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Speed 2.0 went on easily and inflated on first try with an Airshot. I tried getting a 5000 S on there and struggled. The Speed went on super easy and was kind of floppy. I did do my 30ml of Stans Race before I inflated, swirled it around and tried to work the beads to the edge best I could. Made sure the valve was in the middle of the tire and held that area with my free hand to help guide the tire as inflation occurred. I was surprised when it popped the first try.

I was nervous racing with such a delicate tire buy has survived Oceanside and 2 Olympics and still looks great.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach new carbon wheels [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get it more to the edge ? If I try it it goes back to the middle. The tire is so flexible in compare with the gp5000

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched a youtube vid on easy tubeless sealing and they showed to work the beads around the sides of the rim. They used a lever but the Speed is so flexible I just used my hands to go around. Plus the sealant helped. At the valved during inflating I held my hand over the tire and pressed down to force the tire towards the sidewalls. Maybe I got lucky?
Quote Reply

Prev Next