Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts
Quote | Reply
What would you do if you saw two racers right before the swim start, subtlety pull on a pair of wetsuit shorts?

Run down the gang plank so as to blend in with the crowd of swimmers and get in the water

What would you do?

Interested to hear Monty’s take in this

Would your answer change if they were both in the same age group. Ended with almost identical swim times and both on the podium
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jun 30, 19 18:33
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? Wetsuit shorts in race [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Report them.

There should be some procedure for calling out cheaters. I’ve wanted to do this to people that cut swim buoys
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested to hear Monty’s take in this //

Premeditated blatant cheating, I think my take will be like everyones else's, except for the F**K^%g cheaters!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Premeditated blatant cheating, I think my take will be like everyones else's, except for the F**K^%g cheaters!!!!

Report them to the officials is the only way. They may as well be shooting themselves up wtih blood bags at carbo load if they are doing this stuff. Its a triathlon...figure out how to do all three sports. No wetsuit is not an excuse for illegal buoyancy.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Interesting

I told the person starting the swim.

He walked over saw them. Came back to me said you are right that is illegal. Said he would report the. Turned out he was the assistant race director.

I saw him after the race, he asked ME so what happened?

I said I have no idea, how should I know. except that they are listed as being on the podium.

In the end nothing happened to them
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
monty wrote:

Report them to the officials is the only way. They may as well be shooting themselves up wtih blood bags at carbo load if they are doing this stuff. Its a triathlon...figure out how to do all three sports. No wetsuit is not an excuse for illegal buoyancy.

Interesting

I told the person starting the swim.

He walked over saw them. Came back to me said you are right that is illegal. Said he would report the. Turned out he was the assistant race director.

I saw him after the race, he asked ME so what happened?

I said I have no idea, how should I know. except that they are listed as being on the podium.

In the end nothing happened to them
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
What would you do if you saw two racers right before the swim start, subtlety pull on a pair of wetsuit shorts?

Run down the gang plank so as to blend in with the crowd of swimmers and get in the water

What would you do?

Interested to hear Monty’s take in this

Would your answer change if they were both in the same age group. Ended with almost identical swim times and both on the podium

Why the f do people feel the need to cheat? LAME!!!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So tell us the race. The only way to get RD's attention and make them enforce rules is to shame them if they don't and out them so that people don't do their races. What race was it and who were the dudes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surely someone's got pictures. Send a note to that Marathon Investigation guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not defending the Asst. RD for not reporting the two athletes... but the most fail safe way to report athletes you see cheating, is to do it yourself. File a protest with a ref... you need witnesses and you could have listed the Asst. RD.

What do I think... I think they cheated given they podium'd... they were in wetsuits so technically either a DQ if the temps were too warm and at best ineligible for awards.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do? NON wetsuit race. Wearing ROKA wetsuit shorts [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if it was an IM race and they podiumed it'll be super easy to figure out as there will be pictures of them coming out of the swim and you can get their bib numbers since they finished on the podium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I wouldn't give a darn myself, but I'm fine with others reporting them.

I'm sure I'd care more if that guy bumped me off the KQ slot qualifier, but as that's not a reality for me, I couldn't care less, even if they beat me for an AG podium slot. Just not worth gettting all worked up over.

People in ST (and for amateur sports in general) get wayyyyy too outraged over small near-insignificant cheater infractions. Sure, it's cheating, and cheating sucks, but there are soooo many cheaters in life that do things many,many fold worse (just think Wall street for starters - my ex college roommate apparently makes megamillions helping other Ivy League colleges and billionaires evade US tax laws with offshore accounts as revealed in the Panama papers) that stuff like Finman is just a sad distractions from the real issues in the world that you should be getting worked up over.

The whole Finman thing was pathetic from all angles, in my opinion. Seriously, getting ST-rage angered over a BOP IM athlete just because they gained a few pointless minutes in a BOP swim by using fins? I'll give you that it was entertaining to watch the collective ST meltdown, but also totally sad for all participants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Notify an official (swim starter may or may not be an official), ideally before the start (make sure you get their bib # and ideally a photo), but if not, then immediately after finishing, the windows for protests or appeals are quite tight (depending on which set of rules the race is under, it's usually in the 15min window), so it's always bet to do it ASAP, because there are more options to deal with it. In my experience, barring the flagrant stuff, race directors are reluctant to DSQ athletes (unless it's a safety thing) because those folks are paying customers and they don't want to turn them away from coming back next year, or to another one of their races. There's a reason why the officials are there as a "neutral party" to help deal with these sorts of things. But again, if you don't have photos, you'll need to have other witnesses as well, otherwise it might be tougher to have them DSQ'd because if the officials themselves didn't witness it, without supporting evidence it likely wouldn't stand up with a competition journey, should the athlete in question appeal their DSQ...
Quote Reply