Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year?
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious if anyone knows what pros will be at placid and if anyone will be trying to qualify for Kona? Or is that too tight of a turn around.
Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
????
Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The released the pro start list. Now sure who all from the list has qualified already though. I’m on my phone or I’d run a check.
Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Matt Russell is the biggest men's name. Can't find a women's list
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Looks like Matt Russell is the biggest men's name. Can't find a women's list

I think Lake Placid alternates year’s for pros. So late year was female, this year is male.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is some new young guy American named Sam long that is planning on racing it. Some people think he could do well. Rumor has it he is a good cyclist. I guess we will find out

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [Dopers.Suck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Sam puts together a good race, McMahon, Gambles and Skipper are all fast but he could take it. I know earlier in the season he was hoping for a Kona slot and declined a Nice slot, but then took it later in Chatt. I don't know what his Kona plans are now. But he is a monster on the bike and a solid runner too. If he doesn't have to burn too many matches after the swim he's a real contender at Placid.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So no women?????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women will be racing at IM Canada. Those two races flip flop male and female pros each year.

The start list is here...
http://m.eu.ironman.com/...b0496da8b3ed31f.ashx

Quote | Reply
Ty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn’t realize that Lewis Elliot was still racing as a pro

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Will any pros be using lake placid to qualify for Kona this year? [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
The released the pro start list. Now sure who all from the list has qualified already though. I’m on my phone or I’d run a check.

According to this website, only Matt and Joe S have qualified so far, two slots to give out. I might be mistaken but I feel like I remember someone saying Gambles turned down a slot at a prior race this year?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply