Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How the hell did that get in my house?
Quote | Reply
I have a brick house with nice tight windows and doors. I was in my study working, okay really I was reading forums, when I heard one of my dogs going absolutely crazy. I thought someone was at the door. I walked into the living room and there was a 4 foot black snake on the floor. I thought it was a black snake when I first saw it, but didn't want to take any chances since we live on the water and I've had a dog bit by a moccasin before.

I started yelling at the dogs to keep them away and grabbed a pillow to pin him on the floor. I had my wife get a towel (still wanting to be cautious) and picked him up. I took him outside and set him free. Now, I'm just trying to figure out how a snake that big got in the house.

We're on a concrete foundation. The only thing I can think of is that he somehow slipped in when we let the dogs out. Sometimes we don't close the door to the garage all the way, but usually catch it within a few minutes.

I'm glad it was harmless snake, but dang!
Quote Reply
Re: How the hell did that get in my house? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT"S where I put it. Sorry.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by rick_pcfl [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once had a squirrel come through the plumbing roof vent pipe and end up live in the toilet. Heard a racket in the bathroom, opened the lid to the toilet and there it was swimming around. Oddly it drowned shortly thereafter. Sooooo, keep your toilet lids closed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toilet?

I've heard of em crawling up pipes into houses. Look it up.
Quote Reply
Re: How the hell did that get in my house? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Once had a squirrel come through the plumbing roof vent pipe and end up live in the toilet. Heard a racket in the bathroom, opened the lid to the toilet and there it was swimming around. Oddly it drowned shortly thereafter. Sooooo, keep your toilet lids closed.

I had that happen to m, too. To say I was startled is an understatement!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was probably born in the house, just like the rest of his family,
Quote Reply
Re: How the hell did that get in my house? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
He was probably born in the house, just like the rest of his family,

Ha. That'll help the family stay up at night.

Many years ago I was walking to my son's room in the early morning and saw something move on the floor. It was a little milk snake, but was only about 4-6 inches long. I can see how he got in, but not the black snake.

We did have a banded water snake on the back porch recently. The dogs went bonkers over him. But you would think that one of us, or the dogs, would notice a snake coming in when we were going outside.

Other than the water moccasin that bit my lab years back, we've never killed any of the snakes that we've seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
down the chimney like Santa snake?
Quote Reply
Re: How the hell did that get in my house? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
down the chimney like Santa snake?

I'm in Florida. I don't need no stinking chimney.

When we built the house we decided that we didn't want a fireplace because we didn't need one often and because they were messy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only a snake? Phew. I thought you might be talking about Duffy. (who hasn't been around, is he doing okay?)
Quote Reply
Re: How the hell did that get in my house? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Only a snake? Phew. I thought you might be talking about Duffy. (who hasn't been around, is he doing okay?)

Yeah, I just noticed that too a couple days ago... Did he draw another Red card from Dan and I just missed it, or what?
Quote Reply