Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 530 Alerts Q
Quote | Reply
So I picked up the new Garmin 530 and I really like it. I have my shimano Ultegra di2 connected to it so I can see my battery level and get alerts. I have the bike shifting in synchro mode and I really like the alert it throws when the next shift will result in a front chainring shift. However, it also randomly gives me alerts, with a corresponding beep, that I am in "Shift Mode E2". This is really annoying and pisses me off. I do not care for my computer to tell me what shift mode I am in. I cannot change the shift more on the fly so I really don't need to know in the middle of the ride.

Does anyone know how to turn this specific alert off? Is there something about my setup that could be causing it to be triggered? As I said, it appears at random as best I can tell. Really frustrated with this one thing, otherwise I really like the 530.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 530 Alerts Q [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like it may be dropping the connection. Where is the Di2 wireless module located. I only ever get that message at first connection.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 530 Alerts Q [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that makes sense, my module is tucked in the seat tube.

Is there any way to simply turn that alert off that you know of? It has not seemed to miss alerting me to chainring shifts so it doesn't seem to be totally losing the connection. It must just be intermittent.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 530 Alerts Q [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is an option for it, it would be in the device options for the Di2 connection. Next time I have my 530 on hand, I will poke around also.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 530 Alerts Q [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going through the online manual last night in the alerts section and nothing jumped out. I did learn about some other alerts I can do that sound interesting, but not how to disable this one.

Probably try moving the unit to the aerobar extension so it is closer and should be able to read all the time.
Quote Reply