Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
grobbo wrote:
No way. She was done. She had to be saved from herself.

completely agree. the AGers that helped absolutely did the right thing. she was fighting and was delirious.

hers hoping she didnt do any damage to herself. :(

Not a lucky weekend for Sarah as also her bike got lost in the airport / flight to Frankfurt. Hope she recovers quick and well.

True also passed out on the run at IM Cairns according to her Twitter feed. Same issues?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just heard she blacked out during the run at Cairnes. If she’s not taking in enough calories that would explain it but in Sarah’s interview on YouTube She thought it was heat-related.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will True make it to Kona this year? It would be a real bummer if she's not in the field.

She had a 6:55 lead with under 11K to go and Moench didn't break the tape until 7 minutes after True's collapse. Very interested to find out, especially after the Cairns DNF, why she kept pushing in the final 10K instead of slowing the pace to ensure the win and the Kona spot.

Thanks for the link AliiDriver.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 30, 19 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Will True make it to Kona this year? It would be a real bummer if she's not in the field.

She's running out of time and events. That video was hard to watch, and unfortunately she made it 111+ miles and so now you have to wonder about her recovery for a final attempt in July or August.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the whole coverage, problems started at 3:28:01

Some gaps between, ends at 3:35:40 in the tent
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [AliiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They started earlier 3:19:33.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

She's running out of time and events. That video was hard to watch, and unfortunately she made it 111+ miles and so now you have to wonder about her recovery for a final attempt in July or August.

Ironman Mont-Tremblant August 18th should give hopefully sufficient time to recover from today race. Best option, requiring less travelling and mostly importantly staying in North America...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [AliiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a 15 minute hi-light video of the day. You see them pulling glass out of Sebi's foot ; Jan going off-roading ; and poor Sarah - heartbreaking...

https://www.youtube.com/...lox1r--ew&t=307s
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Here's a 15 minute hi-light video of the day. You see them pulling glass out of Sebi's foot ; Jan going off-roading ; and poor Sarah - heartbreaking...

Say what you will, it makes for good television.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can anyone speak german? I heard Frodo talk aboujt the accident - did he say something about how the accident happened?

https://www.youtube.com/...-XGKouomlY&t=29s
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
can anyone speak german? I heard Frodo talk aboujt the accident - did he say something about how the accident happened?

https://www.youtube.com/...-XGKouomlY&t=29s

He said the motorcycle in front of him also misjudged the curve and came close in front of him, so he breaked too hard and couldn't take the corner because the motorcycle was there.

Because it was the motorcycle's mistake he got his nutrition back from Ironman and hopes his opponents are fine with that
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Ironman Mont-Tremblant August 18th should give hopefully sufficient time to recover from today race. Best option, requiring less travelling and mostly importantly staying in North America...

I'd love to see her there. I also hope (selfishly as well) that it's a nice cool day at IMMT.

I'd really hate for her to miss Kona this year, but I worry that even if she sneaks in she's gone deeeep into the well so many times this year already. Might make it tough for her to be competitive there.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Bike was 5k long so she was past the 112 mile mark at the time of collapse

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Bike was 5k long so she was past the 112 mile mark at the time of collapse

what are you guys talking about??? 140.6!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [grobbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - this is gut-wrenching to watch. Her mind looked to be 'off' - lights on, no one home. And the age grouper who recognized it maybe saved her from extremely serious consequences. Grateful he checked in and that she seems to be sort of ok (posting on instagram), as she's one of my absolute favorite long course athletes.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Say what you will, it makes for good television.

I enjoyed the footage very much!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the storage belt thingy is that Lange used to store his tubes, CO2 etc?

EDIT>>Here it seems, nifty feature of the Canyons.

Last edited by: Fresh79: Jul 1, 19 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, Ironman France shortened the race distance for both the bike and run legs, was that done in Frankfurt? If not, why not? Seems like an insurance nightmare.

It wasn't really necessary. The authorities were on it in the best possible way - an army of emergency vehicles (the course goes past a hospital!), plenty of water and supplies. Apart from a 20 minute gap where they temporarily ran out of ice, we were continuously supplied with hydration and cooling. The run was moved to the shade where possible - it was hot but perfectly manageable, rather surprisingly. I was off the bike in a bad state and slightly dehydrated, and actually recovered on the run over the day. Not the time or placing I was hoping for but nowhere near dangerous.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Maybe its Frodo who should be taking it a bit easier in races like these if he's learnt anything from the last couple of years, going all out and 'proving his points' early have certainly contributed to writing off at least last years Kona!

He will not be racing 70.3 WC this year. Makes quite a difference compared to last years...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [motorcity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a shame, seeing him Gomez and Brownlee face off was going to be the highlight of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least Sebi is reconsidering 70.3 WC and he is almost Frodo fit if this race was any indication
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
Bonk half mile from the finishing line... :( It was so sad to watch this live.

Does IM post only few streams on FB page? I can't find stream for IM Cairns and Frankfurt.

I'm not asking for torrents etc. But would like to know if links for live streams exist?

Edit: youtube video posted few posts above my is "not available in my country".

Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done.

- D. Goggins

Last edited by: PinaMan: Jul 14, 19 3:47
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [PinaMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For some reason IM Frankfurt was on the "Ironman" page as opposed to "Ironman Now"
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
For some reason IM Frankfurt was on the "Ironman" page as opposed to "Ironman Now"
Awesome, found it. Thank you very much for info.

Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done.

- D. Goggins

Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt this weekend [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Detailed Race Report about IM Frankfurt 2019 event, based on real facts, by swimbikerun.gr, tilted : "Ironman Frankfurt 2019 Race Report & Review - That was an evil joke". Check more in the following link:

https://swimbikerun.gr/...oke-english-version/
Last edited by: katojohn: Aug 12, 19 15:10
Quote Reply

Prev Next