Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3D Printer Recommendations
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations on a 3D for a 17 year old? Apple user if that makes difference.

My son has been talking about a 3D printer for the last two years, and I am thinking about one as a birthday present. I don't want to break the bank and the technology seems to be evolving quickly, so a few hundred is the budget. I've read several reviews and just don't have enough experience with them to make an educated decision.

Thanks.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D Printer Recommendations [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Creality Ender 3 is probably the most common cheap printer. There is big community using these machines along with aftermarket parts. YouTube also has many good videos on how to setup and use them.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D Printer Recommendations [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
The Creality Ender 3 is probably the most common cheap printer. There is big community using these machines along with aftermarket parts. YouTube also has many good videos on how to setup and use them.

I have the one above. Works very well for the price.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D Printer Recommendations [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

Thanks. That was one I saw recommend frequently. Also looking at the Monoprice Voxel.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D Printer Recommendations [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceSun wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

I have the one above. Works very well for the price.

I also have an Ender 3. Works great every time. Prints from a micro SD card
Quote Reply
Re: 3D Printer Recommendations [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prusa i3. Google it. It's universally regarded as the best hobby grade 3D printer.

https://www.prusa3d.com/
Quote Reply