Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How much faster with a real tri bike? [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
5'10 160lbs. I'd say if you lost 10lbs, you would be faster.

Probably the dumbest comment I've read all day. I'm 5'6 and when I was running 100+ miles/week during my peak marathon training, the lowest I got to was 147-148. Everybody is built differently with different bone and muscle mass. 5'10 and 160 isn't necessarily overweight.

Well, your comment is probably the dumbest comment I've ever read in the history of the internet. I mean, I honestly feel a couple IQ points lower having read it. I didn't say 5'10 160 was overweight. I just meant he would go faster if he lost weight, (especially on hills) just as he would probably go faster on a lighter tri bike. I wasn't even talking about running or swimming. The post was about cycling. Anyways, have a nice day loser.
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster with a real tri bike? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

Probably the dumbest comment I've read all day. I'm 5'6 and when I was running 100+ miles/week during my peak marathon training, the lowest I got to was 147-148. Everybody is built differently with different bone and muscle mass. 5'10 and 160 isn't necessarily overweight.

Well, your comment is probably the dumbest comment I've ever read in the history of the internet. I mean, I honestly feel a couple IQ points lower having read it. I didn't say 5'10 160 was overweight. I just meant he would go faster if he lost weight, (especially on hills) just as he would probably go faster on a lighter tri bike. I wasn't even talking about running or swimming. The post was about cycling. Anyways, have a nice day loser.

Jesus Christ.

You said he should lose 10 pounds to be faster, implying he was 10 pounds overweight. End of story. You even said it again in your reply.

Perhaps you need to rethink your point here, given you're clearly an expert on the OPs overall health and body composition (hint: you're not).
Last edited by: caverunner17: Jun 26, 19 21:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

Jesus Christ.

You said he should lose 10 pounds to be faster, implying he was 10 pounds overweight. End of story. You even said it again in your reply.

Perhaps you need to rethink your point here, given you're clearly an expert on the OPs overall health and body composition (hint: you're not).

Fuck you're stupid! The OP was asking how much faster he would be on a tri-bike. No one knows for sure, but probably faster because of weight and aerodynamics. My comment was that he would also go faster if he lost weight. Maybe losing 5-10lbs would give him the same benefit as a tri-bike. Maybe he doesn't need to spend 3k or more on a tri-bike. Yes, sure he might already be bone thin or stalky or have some medical or mental condition (like you have one) that doesn't allow him to lose weight, but its just something to consider. You would be surprised at the amount of triathletes with a little belly spend on aero gear while they could benefit just as much with a little weight loss. I'm probably guilty of that myself.
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster with a real tri bike? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
caverunner17 wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Fuck you're stupid! The OP was asking how much faster he would be on a tri-bike. No one knows for sure, but probably faster because of weight and aerodynamics. My comment was that he would also go faster if he lost weight. Maybe losing 5-10lbs would give him the same benefit as a tri-bike. Maybe he doesn't need to spend 3k or more on a tri-bike. Yes, sure he might already be bone thin or stalky or have some medical or mental condition (like you have one) that doesn't allow him to lose weight, but its just something to consider. You would be surprised at the amount of triathletes with a little belly spend on aero gear while they could benefit just as much with a little weight loss. I'm probably guilty of that myself.

Hey, you finally paid attention! Nowhere did I see the OP ask for some online asshole to criticize his already healthy weight.

Can't wait to hear your snooty reply, further digging yourself in a corner ;)

Edit: Also, you're incorrect. A proper fitting tri bike would give him more gains than losing a couple of pounds. It's one thing if you're 20 pounds overweight. But a couple of pounds isn't going to make much of a difference. That's an extra water bottle or two of weight. Meanwhile, there's a significant aero difference (and geometry difference) between a 20 year old road bike and a mid-level tri bike from 2019. Hell, he's riding a steel road bike now. Going from a steel frame/fork to full carbon could save you 2 pounds right there, not to mention lighter cranks and everything else.
Last edited by: caverunner17: Jun 26, 19 22:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'6" and my fastest running would be when I weighed about 125 pounds.

I was in my best Ironman shape at about 134 pounds.
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster with a real tri bike? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I am 5'6" and my fastest running would be when I weighed about 125 pounds.

I was in my best Ironman shape at about 134 pounds.

I'm also a solid 5-6 pounds heavier in tri shape than pure running shape. But I'm doing a lot more upper body strength stuff (and swimming of course), which I'm sure adds muscle weight here or there. Actually, I'm pretty sure my quads get a bit more ripped from biking too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next