Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Home warranty vs appliance warranties from retailer?
Quote | Reply
We are building a house and buying quite a few of the finishing touches ourselves. One of those is buying the appliances from Home Depot or Lowe’s and having the contractor install them. Looking at the extended warranty on the refrigerator/freezer and washer/dryer. Is getting some type of home warranty better than getting individual warranties for certain appliances? I know ice makers are notorious for breaking, etc.

Anyone have insights into this and good companies to research if a home warranty is the better option? TIA!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Home warranty vs appliance warranties from retailer? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Home warranty. Heh heh. Garbage product. Just buy the appliances and self insure. You will be better off in the long run. Or buy from Costco or with a credit card that extends the manufacturer warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Home warranty vs appliance warranties from retailer? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes... if you can't fork out the money to replace an appliance ( which are generally very reliable ) but fork out money for the "extended warranty" that has a lot of if's and's and but's' I think it's a poor economic/risk choice and you should focus on having more cash on hand for something that could but most likely won't happen for all aspects of life... Nest egg, nest egg, nest egg... not how much can you afford a month for this car mentality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would never buy an extended warranty or home warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy from local dealer. Big box store customer support is garbage. Support the little guys.
Quote Reply