Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Matt Hanson Aero Testing
Quote | Reply
Quintana Roo and Matt Hanson posted up his latest aero testing: https://quintanarootri.com/...h-performance-center

There's no info on the protocol and aero testing results are highly individual etc. but I found a few interesting pieces of information in there:

1. Pedals: Matt claims they saved 4 watts by switching to Speedplay Zero Aero pedals. He doesnt mention what he's coming from but looking at older photos it looks like a LOOK or similar pedal.
  2. New kit vs used kit: 6 watts. Again, this might vary from brand to brand, maybe some wear better and dont stretch out as much but I usually try to use a new kit for A races.

Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson Aero Testing [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
  1. New kit vs used kit: 6 watts. Again, this might vary from brand to brand, maybe some wear better and dont stretch out as much but I usually try to use a new kit for A races.

I've been saying this for years... don't swim with your sleeves on

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson Aero Testing [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
CyclingClyde wrote:

1. New kit vs used kit: 6 watts. Again, this might vary from brand to brand, maybe some wear better and dont stretch out as much but I usually try to use a new kit for A races.

I've been saying this for years... don't swim with your sleeves on

I am guilty of that. I always heard people people say they did it for shoulder mobility and I never found a sleeved kit impinge on my shoulders, so i swam with sleeves on. But I could see how that would really stretch out that area and cause wrinkles.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson Aero Testing [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
Quintana Roo and Matt Hanson posted up his latest aero testing: https://quintanarootri.com/...h-performance-center

There's no info on the protocol and aero testing results are highly individual etc. but I found a few interesting pieces of information in there:

1. Pedals: Matt claims they saved 4 watts by switching to Speedplay Zero Aero pedals. He doesnt mention what he's coming from but looking at older photos it looks like a LOOK or similar pedal.
  2. New kit vs used kit: 6 watts. Again, this might vary from brand to brand, maybe some wear better and dont stretch out as much but I usually try to use a new kit for A races.

x2 - I actually read Matt's blog when it came out and I wasn't surprised. I have hypothesized this for years and talked about it on here regarding suits. I have asked other pros/amatuers to just "humor me" and test this as well along with testing a nice new rear-zip sleeveless suit vs a used sleeved-suit. If you ever examine sleeved suits at the end of the race you can see that most of the age-groupers I see have very loose fitting suits. I would have a hard time believing they are any faster. If you take a look the sleeveless suits they tend to stay tighter, although whether this is a factor of people being more likely to select a tighter sleeveless suit to begin with I do not know.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply