Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ohio 70.3 Flooding
Quote | Reply
Looks like Delaware state park beach is in rough shape. Anyone concerned about the swim?
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live close in Ohio. The water from Delaware state park is all the way to 23. Luckily we have some reprieve this week with little rain but if the constant rains keep up I’m concerned about the race in general.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [zawweber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope it got better in the last 10+ days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates on the water level at the park?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be a helluva swim from 23. Lol! Most of us might not even get to the first buoy. Haha!

zawweber wrote:
I live close in Ohio. The water from Delaware state park is all the way to 23. Luckily we have some reprieve this week with little rain but if the constant rains keep up I’m concerned about the race in general.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should update. The water has gone down, they were able to finally open the dam. Not sure on water temp but it has been HOT here so I imagine it is quite warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam Alum Creek last weekend in my wetsuit and overheated. Given how hot and humid it has been, I'm banking on a non-wetsuit swim
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all the flooding and other things going on in the area because of the water...Does everyone think there will even be a swim? They will test water quality and stuff but overall from locals that live in area what is your thought?...Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [jnorvs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jnorvs wrote:
With all the flooding and other things going on in the area because of the water...Does everyone think there will even be a swim? They will test water quality and stuff but overall from locals that live in area what is your thought?...Thanks!

I think to many people get their panties in a bunch over a swim. If this is your biggest stress in life I want to live your life.

Start worrying a day or two before the race not a week and a half (or longer). You can only control so much.

Maybe you should stick to indoor triathlons?
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a simple question for the locals not a smart ass remark

I have done more triathlons around the world then you will ever even sign up for, this is a great forum so don't ruin because you think by doing a 70.3 in Ohio that your awesome and fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jnorvs wrote:

I have done more triathlons around the world then you will ever even sign up for, this is a great forum so don't ruin because you think by doing a 70.3 in Ohio that your awesome and fast

First of all I doubt it. Secondly if you go to the FB page you will see there is post after post asking the same dumb question. I am sure you have already asked on there too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triggered much? Don't be such an azzhole.

I ride Fuji's wrote:
jnorvs wrote:

First of all I doubt it. Secondly if you go to the FB page you will see there is post after post asking the same dumb question. I am sure you have already asked on there too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jnorvs wrote:

I'm not local but my friend called the park there today and they said that the water levels are good so maybe that means we will have a swim just like normal.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [ssmith2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks ssmith2 ... good info.

The areas looked pretty beat up from the water
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got on the wife's Facebook and it looks like Ironman responded to a question a few days ago indicating the beach is open and athletes are able to swim.

Thanks for asking the question on here. If it was known swimming wasn't going to happen, I'd skip the race, find another, and not waste vacation.
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio 70.3 Flooding [pvolb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pvolb,

Madison 70.3 & 140.6 was a game time decision for race officials for the same thing like Ohio but race officials unofficially recommend if you feel that you swallowed large amount of water during the swim then maybe visit your doctor and the following day that lake was shut down for ALL activities including fishing etc...

Thanks
Quote Reply