Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Shoes
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me if the nike 4% are any more durable than the nike air pegasus turbo35. My first pair of turbo 35 went about 150 miles and rubber on bottom came off. Bought a second pair on sale, couldn't find another shoe I liked compared to turbo and checked today after 8 mile run, these have maybe 50-60 miles on them and they are doing same thing. Thought process was to get 4% for race day only but not sure of that anymore given what I have encountered on these two pair of nike turbos
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoes [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, but I was just at the Nike outlet and basic hoodies with a swoosh were $100. Compression shirts didn't have even have a price on them and you had to ask. They could make shoes that last 50 miles and people would buy them.

At this point in time-they are absolutely laughing at their consumers all the way to the bank.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoes [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike hasn't made a good product since the early '90s. They've been a marketing company since then.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I train in the Pegasus Turbo and race in the Vaporfly. So far on my first pair of Pegasus Turbos I purchased over six months ago. I have a second pair I run in as I travel for work and my first pair are at my work and new pair I did first run in recently at home. They are almost at the end of their life judging by the wear on the bottom but still feel fine to run in. The Vaporfly I have raced two 70.3 races in and the sole looks fine. Apparently they will lose their pop at some stage and that's when you need a new pair of shoes. As for the last poster claiming Nike hadn't made a good product since the 90's I agreed with until I ran n both these shoes. As overpriced as they are I love them so much I am willing to shell out the money based on performance and enjoyment to run in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have over 200 miles in my first pair of vaporfly and no signs of coming to an end. Have the flyknits for racing this year so the original ones are for training. Can’t soeak to the turbos though.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 4% have 205 miles and Turbo have 255 on them. I'm almost 200 lbs and yet they are both still in great shape. Maybe you have bad luck or it's your terrain
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoes [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you run in the 4%s? Have you run in the Peg Turbos? Heck, have you even run in the current Pegasus? Those are about the most solid daily drivers I can find right now, and I’ve worn a bunch of brands (On, Hoka, ASICS, Brooks, Adidas, Saucony, NB).

Nike still makes a lot of great running shoes. They are often overshadowed by the fashion and low-end stuff they put out there, but don’t mistake those for the real running shoes that they continue to make. The 4%s really are a great racing shoe for many people. So are the Zoom Streaks.

I won’t say that Nike hasn’t gooned up a lot of great early running shoe efforts over the years. But they do make great running shoes.

It’s no different than, for me, when Brooks gooned up their T-series flats after version 4. I just hated them after that. Doesn’t mean they weren’t making great shoes. I just didn’t like them. Frankly, ASICS is the most prolific shoe-gooner-upper out there to me. They make a great shoe for a version or two and then engineer it into oblivion.

We’re spoiled for choices these days, though. To each their own.

I
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Shoes [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcart1991 wrote:
Nike hasn't made a good product since the early '90s. They've been a marketing company since then.

The 4 percent is a good product
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My VF 4% started peeling at the bottom heel after a couple races. Nothing major, I still use them & am on year #2/season 2. Not sure how many miles I have on them but it is logged in TP. I also have the Peg 35's & they are just like new looking, even after 350 miles on them. Before that I had the Peg 34's & those started having rubber tread peel off before I even hit 100 miles.

The winner so far in durability? Peg 35...by a long shot.
Quote Reply